300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    LOLOLOL maybe Snickering Out Loud is more appropriate. I started to say something, I did...but I said to myself if the previous posts are not enough information then he should go ahead and follow his own mind. Maybe that trip to pick up the application will help him. I don't know man (shrugs shoulders).

Comment

Originally posted by Nick44 View Post
      I am not from the Chicago area but is there a way to get an application online? From what people are posting the city of Dixmoor looks like a great place to get a start in policing and to do more than write traffic tickets
      http://www.villageofdixmoor.org/human-resources.html

It looks like the answer to your question is "No" but you could always ask HR for more specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
        LOLOLOL maybe Snickering Out Loud is more appropriate. I started to say something, I did...but I said to myself if the previous posts are not enough information then he should go ahead and follow his own mind. Maybe that trip to pick up the application will help him. I don't know man (shrugs shoulders).
        You said the people of Dixmoor deserve better but then laugh at someone who is willing to apply and help out the city. Just looking for a career

Comment

Originally posted by Nick44 View Post
          You said the people of Dixmoor deserve better but then laugh at someone who is willing to apply and help out the city. Just looking for a career
          Nick, take another look at the comments. I laughed at ChiTownDet's emoji. The only response I had to you is answering your question and giving you a link to review.

Re-read what I wrote about Dixmoor deserving better. That whole paragraph was about the chief. Correct me if I'm wrong. By all means go ahead and take the trip to pick up the application and help out the city. Good luck Nick!
          Last edited by Joe Snuffy; 04-21-2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I understand outsiders point of view of Dixmoor. They have a not so good reputation to say the least but the department is moving forward and making changes. For example....there is no more Chief Burge so the process has begun. I've said it before and I'll say it again...it will take some time but the police department is making efforts to be a place for officer's to come and stay. Not to hire untrained personnel or old timers who bring nothing to the table besides a body to collect a paycheck and do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 613796 View Post
              I understand outsiders point of view of Dixmoor. They have a not so good reputation to say the least but the department is moving forward and making changes. For example....there is no more Chief Burge so the process has begun. I've said it before and I'll say it again...it will take some time but the police department is making efforts to be a place for officer's to come and stay. Not to hire untrained personnel or old timers who bring nothing to the table besides a body to collect a paycheck and do nothing.
              I thought I read the words new chief but I didn't want to even venture down that road again. I was surprise with the new website but it looks good. I wish you guys well. It's a long uphill climb but I pray you guys get something good at the end of all this crap you've waded through. Be safe out there and watch each other's 6.

Comment

I didn't know that Dixmoor had gotten rid of that criminal either. That may mean the powers that be are serious about cleaning house, because they started from the top.

Comment

Sad thing is that it doesn't have any tax base, lot of boarded up properties, which aren't on the tax roles. No hope for new tax bases in town. I see it as the next Ford Hts. where County will be forced to take over LE duties somewhere down the road. Sad, but it is what it is. No bad rap against the residents, just how that town has been raped over the years by some of the carpet baggers that ran the place.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5983 users online. 252 members and 5731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X