300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixmoor PD

Department is looking for full and part time police officers. If interested contact the Dixmoor police department at 708-396-1400. The department is located at 170 W. 145th St. Dixmoor, IL 60426. The department borders Blue Island, Posen, and Harvey. Other towns in the area include Riverdale, Robbins, Markham, and Midlothian.

There only looking for certified guys, that place is a joke. Very rude people In that department and village hall, and "supposedly" there trying to rebuild and better the city. There were better off when county were in charge.

Comment

The police department is slowly trying to rebuild and make it a reputable department. It will take time and effort but steps are being made towards that goal. I can only speak from the police side of things but plans are in motion for much needed improvement.

Comment

And F/T make $12 Hr? P/T $10 hr.? If they are trying to rebuild the Dept., why did they make Ronnie Burge Chief?

Comment

The department is currently under contract negotiations so the pay scale will increase but the pay for full-time is not $12 an hour. Part-time pay is on the low end but what can you do.

Comment

Chief Burge does what he can with what he's given. It's suppose to be a two way street with the police department and the village but sometimes the police department is put on the back burner. For what reason I don't know. The village deserves better. The department needs qualified applicants to come in, willing to learn, and want to help make a difference.

Comment

That's going to be an uphill battle to say the least. I wish you guys well, but man, I don't see how you can get any decent certified guys unless they're just train wrecks no one wants.
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

The village needs to be open to taking on new hires who can be properly trained by an officer with knowledge and integrity within the department. They need to make it a place where people want to be for the long haul and not as a stepping stone or place where lazy or older guys go to do nothing. Dixmoor has a few good guys working for them but I agree it will be a uphill battle. Good luck guys and stay safe.

Comment

I always assumed that Dixmoor would be annexed by Harvey. I'm concerned with their local government. Just 2 years ago the PD couldn't even make pay roll.

I hope things have turned around for the better.
                  Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

It's because the money isn't managed well in dixmoor. I'm a Harvey guy so you hear shady trustees doing shady things over there. Unnecessary positions are made for family members over at there village hall. Im almost certain half the trustees been locked up. Maybe upcoming elections can get some different faces there.

Comment

Originally posted by 613796 View Post
                      Chief Burge does what he can with what he's given. It's suppose to be a two way street with the police department and the village but sometimes the police department is put on the back burner. For what reason I don't know. The village deserves better. The department needs qualified applicants to come in, willing to learn, and want to help make a difference.
                      I planned to keep my comments to myself initially but I really want to say I have to agree with ChiTownDet. Respectfully, to you, the department will have a hard time convincing anyone that knows better of a great future with a man with such a tarnished record at the helm. You want a clean and fresh start you have to start with people known for integrity. You know Chi knows and I know that is not him. The chief before him was a good guy and they tossed him like trash. Not too many chiefs speak to every random PO they see like they are colleagues. He would be out of town and roll up on stops to see if the officer was good or needed back up. The man filled squads with fuel out of his pocket. He was fired. The man at the top of the dept speaks about what is most important to the department. The people of Dixmoor deserve better but the powers that be seem content.

Comment

Holy crap! I had no idea about him. I'd rather flip burgers.
                        http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...aquoya-kennedy
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Bottom line is we need more guys to come in and help make this department better. Chief Burge wants the same. I can't speak about his previous jobs but he does what he can with what he's given by the village trustee's. The trustee's have some kind of vendetta against him because they do illegal things and expect to get away with it but Chief Burge doesn't tolerate it.

Comment

Pretty sure trustee Michael Smith and Fitzgerald Roberts both don't even have jobs yet they have "power and authority" within the village of Dixmoor. These scumbags have no business in the village. They are one of the reasons the police department is where they are now.

Comment

Dixmoor is small...but narcotics are a big problem and nothing is being done. Hardly ever see police and it's obvious where the problem stems. I feel sorry for residents within that community. That PD can do a lot if they want.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5269 users online. 199 members and 5070 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X