300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Head Park

Anyone have any info about this PD? Are they hiring? I think I have seen one of their squads maybe once while I was out in Lagrange. It's a COPS test and I'm still on the fence cause those aren't my favorite.

Their website says they are looking to hire a part-time officer and creating a seperate lateral hire list. I'm going to go out a limb and say that they'll most likely hire the sworn officer lower on the list over a fresh face.

Comment

Not so sure, a couple months ago they advertised a lateral-only test, guessing they didn't have much luck and now they're doing a recruit test. Still a small department, can't imagine they would be hiring many guys.

Comment

Small department, but decent tax base. It's an affluent little town.

My brother put in for the PT opening, as did a buddy of mine. Both incredibly well qualified (Brother is FT certified, Buddy has been a PT with a few places for a few years) but neither have heard back, which I find odd. Wonder what they're up to over there...

Comment

The chief said this morning that 3 are retiring, but he didn't say when. Regardless, that's 3 definite openings once they retire. Starting to like the COPS test because I'm getting the hang of it. Similar to how I don't mind the LST anymore.
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I remember taking their first test for full time back in '80,'81. Took it in a little church on Wolf & Joliet Rd. Little did I know that their PT were going to be the new FT guys. Back then IHP had a trailer for a station, not the one off Wolf that they have now. IHP does the hire back for some unincorporated areas in Lyons Twsp.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
              ... IHP does the hire back for some unincorporated areas in Lyons Twsp.
              I'm going back years here...I'm thinking mid 90's sometime. Huge scandal about that Lyons Township hireback program. IIRC, it cost the Chief his job and he might've even went to prison for a stretch too. Don't recall the details.

And, of course, it's totally irrelevant to this current thread !!!
              Christ, you know it ain't easy...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6050 users online. 225 members and 5825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X