300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Lawn PD

It looks like they are testing again. Anyone knows how far/how many did they hire from the 2013 test? I tested but i didnt hear anything... Who is testing this time? Im afarid theyll have so much people like last time...
    Any one know if they got any openings this time around?

Originally posted by qw456 View Post
    It looks like they are testing again. Anyone knows how far/how many did they hire from the 2013 test? I tested but i didnt hear anything... Who is testing this time? Im afarid theyll have so much people like last time...
    Any one know if they got any openings this time around?
    Sorry I don't have an answer to your question though. I know the area and have mixed feelings about it. I have family there and worked in OL before (in a different capacity).

My take is that they like laterals, that is just an observation. Don't take it as a fact or anything. I could be completely wrong. This test attracts a lot of people for obvious reasons. I think it's an approximate 100 man dept because they deal with Chicago traffic. They pay well, nice equipment, squads, etc. The Officers are proactive and keep busy. I won't get into further details there.

This area is important because it has the only Level 1 Trauma Center (Christ Hospital) for the South Side. A good percentage of Chicago shooting victims are transported there (from as far East as the Lakefront/NW Indiana). Sorry for the random info.
    Last edited by southpaw13; 02-25-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

They take laterals, and they love military vets. Great group of guys there and their Command Staff is pretty good and supporting of Officer's. HOWEVER, the town has a dog s-it village administration, a Mayor that doesn't know jack about running a town, and the administration is always trying to find a way to cut their PD & FD budget (for example, contracting out to NorComm and basically firing 90% of their dispatchers). Good, active department, well paying, good technology and vehicles.

For 43, their written exam is DIFFICULT. They use an exam by CPS and it is probably one of the toughest ones I took for the suburbs. I believe they only give preference to military as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
        They take laterals, and they love military vets. Great group of guys there and their Command Staff is pretty good and supporting of Officer's. HOWEVER, the town has a dog s-it village administration, a Mayor that doesn't know jack about running a town, and the administration is always trying to find a way to cut their PD & FD budget (for example, contracting out to NorComm and basically firing 90% of their dispatchers). Good, active department, well paying, good technology and vehicles.

For 43, their written exam is DIFFICULT. They use an exam by CPS and it is probably one of the toughest ones I took for the suburbs. I believe they only give preference to military as well.
        This is true actually. I used to work for norcomm after they fired all the dispatchers. The mayor is a joke and so is the budget cutting. I say there's about 6 or 7 cop cars running on the street on a daily basis

Comment

From speaking to one of their guys last year he said they hired about 10 off the last list.

Comment

How many are expected to show up for the test?

Comment

They have to hire #1 off the list, then can go to the first certified one on the list (this can be #2 or #25, doesn't matter). They like to stack the top spots on the list with certified. Had 4 that I know of retire recently. There were more, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick.G View Post
                How many are expected to show up for the test?
                Typically they do a morning and an afternoon test. Always done at the Hilton off of 95th / Cicero. Each session has about 250/300 people.

Comment

This year they aren't giving the POWER test so they are requiring you to have the NIPSTA card before the test date.

Comment

For those interested, we WILL be hiring off this list. Great department with a lot of speciality positions available to work along side a great crew. To give you an idea, we have hired about 19 in the last 5 years and (2-3) of those hires have been certified. We run three shifts of 8hrs each and house our own prisoners on-site with designated booking officers to process them. We work 6 days on and 3 days off. Unless you work traffic unit or another speciality position with differing hours. As mentioned, we have a lot of retirements coming up. We love military, and the US Marine Corps has a great showing here. Good luck to all those who choose to apply.
                    Last edited by DrTaco; 02-23-2015, 04:31 PM. Reason: Added workweek info

Comment

Originally posted by DrTaco View Post
                      For those interested, we WILL be hiring off this list. Great department with a lot of speciality positions available to work along side a great crew. To give you an idea, we have hired about 19 in the last 5 years and (2-3) of those hires have been certified. We run three shifts of 8hrs each and house our own prisoners on-site with designated booking officers to process them. We work 6 days on and 3 days off. Unless you work traffic unit or another speciality position with differing hours. As mentioned, we have a lot of retirements coming up. We love military, and the US Marine Corps has a great showing here. Good luck to all those who choose to apply.
                      Thank You for the information!!

Comment

Remember the show "Speeders" on Tru TV guys?! This guy loves pulling cars over on Cicero Ave. Watch out hahah! I used to see him all the time passing through

http://youtu.be/DGY6sUg-vsw

Comment

Their previous contract is posted on the village website. It will answer a lot of questions you might have now and definitely future questions. If reading a contracts intimidates you, get those jitters out and inch your way towards familiarizing yourself. Ladies and gentlemen that do not already know this...the details of your future rest inside those white pages and black print. I don't care how great a department sounds, devour their contract if you can get your hands on it. A great rep and bad contract is like going to a store for a great promotional offer only to be told the promotional applies to a different branch. Maybe a good salesperson/manager gives you a break to keep your loyalty or not. Only the advertised branch is obligated to honor the promotional however. Get on this contract game early!

Comment

Hey Raiden or anyone who knows...is it CWS Exam or CPS? I never heard of the CPS one. I took CWS before did good on that one. Just curious. Thanks.

Comment

I have 5 years on CPD, would my pension transfer or could I buy my time back?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7424 users online. 360 members and 7064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X