300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
    Gabe_chicago, I tried PMing you. Are your messages on?
    Sorry I just enabled it. Shoot.

Comment

I don't get this latest craze of people bagging on departments, screaming politics, and saying you don't have a chance at said-department. OL is a pretty big town, and a pretty big department. They hire all the time. Score high on the list, like any where else and you have a really good shot of being called. They send people to the Academy all the time.
      And OL isn't "big" on traffic either. On days when it is slow, I hear them on the radio making stops left and right. That's the nature of this job... Do your job, stop people, investigate, be active... If someone has a problem with doing traffic stops, that is pretty much a sure sign you will be a dog *** once you get on...

Comment

[QUOTE=Steelydan;3607602]Insanely political department. You've gotta know the right Sergeants, Commanders, the Chief, etc, in order to get *anywhere*. The most qualified people are not where they should be. Guys who couldn't run a solid traffic stop are being sent to Tac, and are officer safety risks, etc.

Their dispatch was outsourced, and was terrible last year. They've improved and about half of them are solid. The other half are officer safety risks.

The pay is decent, especially after 3 years, but agencies in Northern Cook or DuPage county pay better. And there will be more opportunities for you to shine and get rewarded for hard work. Oak Lawn there aren't too many.

Be prepared to do traffic stops. Lots.

Sounds like a....gasp...police department! Well at least like every one my friends and I have worked for. If this is making your stomach turn too much dont stop at avoiding Oak Lawn..find a new field period cuz that's what this job is like.

Comment

Results were emailed, does anybody that work there have any info if they are actively trying to hire? i am certified but i wont meet the lateral requirments

Comment

Damn I would love to work in oaklawn... But I know way too many people at the 911 center. The supervisor might put a bad word out for me( that's how oaklawn is) lol

Comment

Originally posted by younggun3515 View Post
              Results were emailed, does anybody that work there have any info if they are actively trying to hire? i am certified but i wont meet the lateral requirments
              Ask Dr Taco, his info is a few posts back.

Comment

Originally posted by younggun3515 View Post
                Yes, we will be hiring very shortly. Waiting on new list to finalize. We currently have (3) in FTO and one starting fresh later this month. Out of our last 20 hires (3) have been laterals. Good luck.

Comment

I believe I know two of three in FTO because they were at the last academy. I just know they are doing well and having blast!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9554 users online. 372 members and 9182 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X