Clear All

• newsti13
    replied
    do you know if they give a study guide?

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
    I can't even remember what test they use. I know Tinley Park had the same test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tinley uses COPS. This is not a COPS test.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw13
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
    It's CPS. Oak Lawn is the only town that used this exam, and I tested for quite a many suburbs. It's tricky. There is a memory section, and then there is 100 questions. It sounds similar to Resource Management, but it is a whole different monster.
    ^Thank you for clarifying that Sir.
    Last edited by southpaw13; 02-25-2015, 01:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IrishSheepdog54
    replied
    Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
    Any advice about the written test?
    I can't even remember what test they use. I know Tinley Park had the same test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• qw456
    replied
    If theyre using the same test as last time. Its not bad at all. I thought it was pretty easy.

Leave a comment:

• thirdGEARchirp
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
    I worked there for a short time, and let me reiterate what's been said already. It is a great department where you can be the police. OL has a great group of officers and you'll stay busy. What I wanted to add is don't let the issues surrounding the mayor and village politics deter you from applying to Oak Lawn. EVERY town/city/village/etc. is susceptible to the same problems depending on who gets voted in as mayor. Regardless of the political issues surrounding Bury and her crew, OL is an awesome place to work.

I left because I wanted to work a side of law enforcement that wasn't available in OL. Sometimes I wonder if that was a good decision, because it was not easy to leave such a good department. Good luck to those applying.
    Any advice about the written test?

Leave a comment:

• IrishSheepdog54
    replied
    I worked there for a short time, and let me reiterate what's been said already. It is a great department where you can be the police. OL has a great group of officers and you'll stay busy. What I wanted to add is don't let the issues surrounding the mayor and village politics deter you from applying to Oak Lawn. EVERY town/city/village/etc. is susceptible to the same problems depending on who gets voted in as mayor. Regardless of the political issues surrounding Bury and her crew, OL is an awesome place to work.

I left because I wanted to work a side of law enforcement that wasn't available in OL. Sometimes I wonder if that was a good decision, because it was not easy to leave such a good department. Good luck to those applying.

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    replied
    Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
    Remember the show "Speeders" on Tru TV guys?! This guy loves pulling cars over on Cicero Ave. Watch out hahah! I used to see him all the time passing through

http://youtu.be/DGY6sUg-vsw
    That show was absolutely stupid. Made the department look completely ridiculous.

Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
    Hey Raiden or anyone who knows...is it CWS Exam or CPS? I never heard of the CPS one. I took CWS before did good on that one. Just curious. Thanks.
    It's CPS. Oak Lawn is the only town that used this exam, and I tested for quite a many suburbs. It's tricky. There is a memory section, and then there is 100 questions. It sounds similar to Resource Management, but it is a whole different monster.

Your pension should transfer over. ChiTown seems to Jedi when it comes to pension questions, lol.

Leave a comment:

• ncollins
    replied
    I have 5 years on CPD, would my pension transfer or could I buy my time back?

Leave a comment:

• southpaw13
    replied
    Hey Raiden or anyone who knows...is it CWS Exam or CPS? I never heard of the CPS one. I took CWS before did good on that one. Just curious. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Their previous contract is posted on the village website. It will answer a lot of questions you might have now and definitely future questions. If reading a contracts intimidates you, get those jitters out and inch your way towards familiarizing yourself. Ladies and gentlemen that do not already know this...the details of your future rest inside those white pages and black print. I don't care how great a department sounds, devour their contract if you can get your hands on it. A great rep and bad contract is like going to a store for a great promotional offer only to be told the promotional applies to a different branch. Maybe a good salesperson/manager gives you a break to keep your loyalty or not. Only the advertised branch is obligated to honor the promotional however. Get on this contract game early!

Leave a comment:

• southpaw13
    replied
    Remember the show "Speeders" on Tru TV guys?! This guy loves pulling cars over on Cicero Ave. Watch out hahah! I used to see him all the time passing through

http://youtu.be/DGY6sUg-vsw

Leave a comment:

• thirdGEARchirp
    replied
    Originally posted by DrTaco View Post
    For those interested, we WILL be hiring off this list. Great department with a lot of speciality positions available to work along side a great crew. To give you an idea, we have hired about 19 in the last 5 years and (2-3) of those hires have been certified. We run three shifts of 8hrs each and house our own prisoners on-site with designated booking officers to process them. We work 6 days on and 3 days off. Unless you work traffic unit or another speciality position with differing hours. As mentioned, we have a lot of retirements coming up. We love military, and the US Marine Corps has a great showing here. Good luck to all those who choose to apply.
    Thank You for the information!!

Leave a comment:

• DrTaco
    replied
    For those interested, we WILL be hiring off this list. Great department with a lot of speciality positions available to work along side a great crew. To give you an idea, we have hired about 19 in the last 5 years and (2-3) of those hires have been certified. We run three shifts of 8hrs each and house our own prisoners on-site with designated booking officers to process them. We work 6 days on and 3 days off. Unless you work traffic unit or another speciality position with differing hours. As mentioned, we have a lot of retirements coming up. We love military, and the US Marine Corps has a great showing here. Good luck to all those who choose to apply.
    Last edited by DrTaco; 02-23-2015, 04:31 PM. Reason: Added workweek info

Leave a comment:

• Showtime0811
    replied
    This year they aren't giving the POWER test so they are requiring you to have the NIPSTA card before the test date.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10941 users online. 498 members and 10443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X