Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbiter7
    replied
    ^spot on and nailed it, I've heard the same thing from multiple sources. Unless you know someone or have a PhD, your application will be looked at and thrown away. I would look elsewhere!

Leave a comment:

• Steelydan
    replied
    Insanely political department. You've gotta know the right Sergeants, Commanders, the Chief, etc, in order to get *anywhere*. The most qualified people are not where they should be. Guys who couldn't run a solid traffic stop are being sent to Tac, and are officer safety risks, etc.

Their dispatch was outsourced, and was terrible last year. They've improved and about half of them are solid. The other half are officer safety risks.

The pay is decent, especially after 3 years, but agencies in Northern Cook or DuPage county pay better. And there will be more opportunities for you to shine and get rewarded for hard work. Oak Lawn there aren't too many.

Be prepared to do traffic stops. Lots.

And not to mention quite a few micromanagers for Sergeants and Watch Commanders.

It's not all bad though. Decent pay, a sworn officer job, a pension, 8-hour shifts, and close to a tollway.

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    Originally posted by Steelydan View Post
    Take my advice, apply elsewhere. You do not want to work at Oak Lawn PD>
    Care to explain..?

Leave a comment:

• jehende
    replied
    Why you say that?

Leave a comment:

• Steelydan
    replied
    Take my advice, apply elsewhere. You do not want to work at Oak Lawn PD>

Leave a comment:

• Turdferguson
    replied
    Since it's a different system, I doubt you can buy your time back. May want to call and speak with one of the Pension reps at Oak Lawn. Sorry don't have a definite answer for you.

Leave a comment:

• ncollins
    replied
    Originally posted by Turdferguson View Post
    Pension from CPD will not transfer. CPD pension is it's own, Oak Lawn is part of the Down State fund. Two completely different systems.
    Can I buy my time back?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
    Don't forget you need the NIPSTA card to test with Oak Lawn
    They are taking JJC and Triton power tests.

Leave a comment:

• Showtime0811
    replied
    Don't forget you need the NIPSTA card to test with Oak Lawn

Leave a comment:

• IrishSheepdog54
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
    Tinley uses COPS. This is not a COPS test.
    Tinley only used COPS for the POWER test on their last go around, and whatever written OL uses for their written. I actually liked the OL written more than COPS.
    COPS to me was a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DrTaco
    replied
    At village hall only....past the police desk....down the stairs...signs are posted.

Leave a comment:

• Turdferguson
    replied
    Pension from CPD will not transfer. CPD pension is it's own, Oak Lawn is part of the Down State fund. Two completely different systems.

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    Originally posted by rooster821 View Post
    Does anyone know if the APP is only available for pick-up or do they offer it online?
    Only pickup, I had a friend bring me mine. Thanks to him I can apply, otherwise I'd be out of luck.

Leave a comment:

• rooster821
    replied
    Does anyone know if the APP is only available for pick-up or do they offer it online?

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    replied
    No study guides.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6543 users online. 340 members and 6203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X