300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
    Remember the show "Speeders" on Tru TV guys?! This guy loves pulling cars over on Cicero Ave. Watch out hahah! I used to see him all the time passing through

http://youtu.be/DGY6sUg-vsw
    That show was absolutely stupid. Made the department look completely ridiculous.

Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
    Hey Raiden or anyone who knows...is it CWS Exam or CPS? I never heard of the CPS one. I took CWS before did good on that one. Just curious. Thanks.
    It's CPS. Oak Lawn is the only town that used this exam, and I tested for quite a many suburbs. It's tricky. There is a memory section, and then there is 100 questions. It sounds similar to Resource Management, but it is a whole different monster.

Your pension should transfer over. ChiTown seems to Jedi when it comes to pension questions, lol.

Comment

I worked there for a short time, and let me reiterate what's been said already. It is a great department where you can be the police. OL has a great group of officers and you'll stay busy. What I wanted to add is don't let the issues surrounding the mayor and village politics deter you from applying to Oak Lawn. EVERY town/city/village/etc. is susceptible to the same problems depending on who gets voted in as mayor. Regardless of the political issues surrounding Bury and her crew, OL is an awesome place to work.

I left because I wanted to work a side of law enforcement that wasn't available in OL. Sometimes I wonder if that was a good decision, because it was not easy to leave such a good department. Good luck to those applying.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
        I worked there for a short time, and let me reiterate what's been said already. It is a great department where you can be the police. OL has a great group of officers and you'll stay busy. What I wanted to add is don't let the issues surrounding the mayor and village politics deter you from applying to Oak Lawn. EVERY town/city/village/etc. is susceptible to the same problems depending on who gets voted in as mayor. Regardless of the political issues surrounding Bury and her crew, OL is an awesome place to work.

I left because I wanted to work a side of law enforcement that wasn't available in OL. Sometimes I wonder if that was a good decision, because it was not easy to leave such a good department. Good luck to those applying.
        Any advice about the written test?

Comment

If theyre using the same test as last time. Its not bad at all. I thought it was pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
            Any advice about the written test?
            I can't even remember what test they use. I know Tinley Park had the same test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
              It's CPS. Oak Lawn is the only town that used this exam, and I tested for quite a many suburbs. It's tricky. There is a memory section, and then there is 100 questions. It sounds similar to Resource Management, but it is a whole different monster.
              ^Thank you for clarifying that Sir.
              Last edited by southpaw13; 02-25-2015, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
                I can't even remember what test they use. I know Tinley Park had the same test.

Tinley uses COPS. This is not a COPS test.

Comment

do you know if they give a study guide?

Comment

No study guides.

Comment

Does anyone know if the APP is only available for pick-up or do they offer it online?

Comment

Originally posted by rooster821 View Post
                        Does anyone know if the APP is only available for pick-up or do they offer it online?
                        Only pickup, I had a friend bring me mine. Thanks to him I can apply, otherwise I'd be out of luck.

Comment

Pension from CPD will not transfer. CPD pension is it's own, Oak Lawn is part of the Down State fund. Two completely different systems.

Comment

At village hall only....past the police desk....down the stairs...signs are posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                              Tinley uses COPS. This is not a COPS test.
                              Tinley only used COPS for the POWER test on their last go around, and whatever written OL uses for their written. I actually liked the OL written more than COPS.
                              COPS to me was a joke.

Comment

Don't forget you need the NIPSTA card to test with Oak Lawn

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9270 users online. 391 members and 8879 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X