300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Police Officer

Does anyone know if they are sent to the Chicago Police Academy?

Also, does anyone know the starting pay?

Thank You

I believe it starts out at 76k a year?

Comment

TOTAL waste of time. They hired 9 off the last list of 812 or something like that.

Comment

That's about normal. Why is it a waste of time?
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Because you have a numerical chance of less then 1% of getting hired and how many of the 9 that were hired had a Chinaman that got them in?

Comment

They have sent their people to the CPD Metro class before. They also have a strange pay structure. All the P/O's make the same pay. If you start, you go right to the $76-78K that they get paid.

I took this test many years ago (when it was still Metropolitan Sanitary District of Greater Chicago) with 3000 people and ended up #7 on the list. Got hired about 6 months after the test, and with no clout of any kind. At that time, made more than CPD. I'll be taking it again for a retirement gig. If you believe you will be doing any actual "police" work, this is not the job for you. If you think of it as the best security job you can get, which gives you a gun and a star with "Police Officer" on it, you'll be fine.
            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 02-18-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
              They have sent their people to the CPD Metro class before. They also have a strange pay structure. All the P/O's make the same pay. If you start, you go right to the $76-78K that they get paid.

I took this test many years ago (when it was still Metropolitan Sanitary District of Greater Chicago) with 3000 people and ended up #7 on the list. Got hired about 6 months after the test, and with no clout of any kind. At that time, made more than CPD. I'll be taking it again for a retirement gig. If you believe you will be doing any actual "police" work, this is not the job for you. If you think of it as the best security job you can get, which gives you a gun and a star with "Police Officer" on it, you'll be fine.
              Does this position give the ability to lateral anywhere? or do other departments look at it as a security job?

nice pay, but I'm bored at my current job already lol something I have to figure out, but that pay lol

Comment

I always see them on Howard and Mccormick. They are always hiding by the bushes sleeping lol

Comment

Berwyn,

That is a stupid reason not to apply. Perhaps WHEN you become a cop, you'll figure it out...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
                    Does this position give the ability to lateral anywhere? or do other departments look at it as a security job?

nice pay, but I'm bored at my current job already lol something I have to figure out, but that pay lol
                    If the agency looking for laterals has "must be sworn, certified P/O," then yes. If it says "sworn, certified, MUNICIPAL P/O" then no. Each agency looking for laterals has their own criteria. Some will take you, some won't.

Comment

I've met a few of them during some NEMRT training classes and they all seem like they enjoy what they do. I'll repeat what ChiTownDet mentioned and say that you shouldn't go into this agency thinking you'll be pulling guns/drugs off of the street.

Comment

.................................................. ....
                        Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                          If the agency looking for laterals has "must be sworn, certified P/O," then yes. If it says "sworn, certified, MUNICIPAL P/O" then no. Each agency looking for laterals has their own criteria. Some will take you, some won't.
                          Thank you for the information.

Comment

Took and passed everything for the last time they tested. Pretty sure that list hasn't expired yet as it was good for three years.

Have to agree that the odds are stacked WAY against you going in. We filled up Lane Tech for the written. Not saying to not try, but temper your enthusiasm.
                            This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6289 users online. 206 members and 6083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X