300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for CPD at 18?

Does anyone know the process you have to go through if one chooses to apply at 18?

I am interested in joining CPD but I'm currently a freshmen attending University. I know that you have to be at least 21 to be hired.

I also know that you need to have a minimum of 60 credits to even have your application to be looked at. Is this a special case for those who are applying at 18 since there's no way someone can have 60 credits at 18. Also, Will I do my medical, physical, psychological tests while I'm still attending school? Thanks. I am really serious about choosing Law Enforcement as a career.

Well they just had their most recent test at the beginning of 2014. Chicago isn't like most major cities that continuously test, they only test about once every 4 years. So the next one probably won't be until 2017-2018 unless they burn through this list before then. Even if you were to apply at 18 you can't actually be hired until you're 21 anyway.

Comment

Great information. Do you think I should just go ahead and apply now? Hopefully I'll do the next test before I turn 21.

Comment

Originally posted by AspiringChicagoCop View Post
        Great information. Do you think I should just go ahead and apply now? Hopefully I'll do the next test before I turn 21.
        You can't apply now they aren't accepting any applications. They will announce again in the future. You are eligible to apply at 18 but you won't be hired until 21

Comment

The next test probably won't be offered until December 2016, when the current list is near exhaustion. I took the 2013 test (when I was 18) and am finishing my 60 college credits before I turn 21. If you are below 21, they won't hire you. If you don't have the college credits, they won't hire you.

Just take the next test, collect those college credits, and hurry up and turn 21.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5636 users online. 229 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X