300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomington, Illinois

This is getting pretty far out side my range, but hey, a certification is a certification. I know jack diddly squat about this department though. Anyone have some info on it?

I worked with some of their guys, mostly detectives, over the years and knew a couple of their deputy commanders. Everyone I dealt with were pretty good guys and definitely knew the job. They appeared to like working there.
    I can't comment on their internal workings. Never heard any of them complain.
    Bloomington-Normal is a very nice town. As you probably know a college town and lots of white collar jobs with State Farm HQed there.
    183 FBINA

Comment

they testing?

Comment

Originally posted by qw456 View Post
        they testing?
        http://www.theblueline.com/feature/ILbloomington1.html

Yes, they are. It is a great department BUT it is in a ultra-liberal university setting and as such, you must be politically correct at all times.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Just so you all know that Bloomington and Normal are two different towns, which means they have two different departments. I know the pay for Bloomington is really good and would be a good place to work. ISU is located in Normal not Bloomington.

Comment

Originally posted by UGSAce52 View Post
            Just so you all know that Bloomington and Normal are two different towns, which means they have two different departments. I know the pay for Bloomington is really good and would be a good place to work. ISU is located in Normal not Bloomington .
            Yup, 2 different towns but anyone driving thru are not going to be able to tell where one stops and the other starts. For someone not familiar with the area if they plan on moving to B-N they should get to know both towns and not just the one where they are applying.
            183 FBINA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6979 users online. 344 members and 6635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X