Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully theyll have a bigger place for the test. as i remember last time it was really cramped.

Comment

sometime has passed. anyone know the current numbers that theyre trying to fill?

Comment

Anyone know if IOS soultions is going to use the LST OR NCJSO2 for this test?

Comment

LST.

*Message lengthened to at least 10 characters*
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Has anyone checked the website lately? I recently went back abd had to resend my info for some reason and I believe I read that they now are only accepting NIPSTA cards. I might be mistaken though

Comment

I don't even know what the point of this test is... I called like 3 or 4 of the places. Nobody's hiring and the budget are done. The old list isn't even exhausted till like September and there's no vacancys or plans for retirement. Pointless

Comment

Originally posted by Frekinrican5 View Post
                I don't even know what the point of this test is... I called like 3 or 4 of the places. Nobody's hiring and the budget are done. The old list isn't even exhausted till like September and there's no vacancys or plans for retirement. Pointless
                PDs and FDs in Illinois basically have to create a new eligibility list every two years. It has nothing to do with whether not they need personnel. It has to do with state requirements. They can lay people off but they will still have to keep their eligibility list (just laid off personnel get the first calls during hiring). If they test this early out they don't have to rush to have the final lists done before the present one expires. The first thing you need to know for any department you test for here is IF they are actually planning on hiring anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick.G View Post
                  Has anyone checked the website lately? I recently went back abd had to resend my info for some reason and I believe I read that they now are only accepting NIPSTA cards. I might be mistaken though
                  If any agency specifies Nipsta (or whatever), call the provided contact and ask specifically about the power test card you have. I have been allowed to use a card that was not listed, with prior permission. Some towns are not against the other power test agencies they just don't even think about them until you mention them. Other towns, unfortunately, do have that one agency rip-off love affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                    If any agency specifies Nipsta (or whatever), call the provided contact and ask specifically about the power test card you have. I have been allowed to use a card that was not listed, with prior permission. Some towns are not against the other power test agencies they just don't even think about them until you mention them. Other towns, unfortunately, do have that one agency rip-off love affair.
                    That sounds like a topical issue..

Comment

Originally posted by SubZeroo View Post
                      Excellent chance to get on multiple lists. I know some great guys from Park Ridge and Niles. Those two especially are places you want to be
                      Definitely a force multiplier of applications. I have a buddy at PR. He's not crazy about it in terms of the administration and what is important to them. The chief there has more of a company man reputation that goes back for years. They seem to be heavy into the people pleasing, not cop supported, type of focus. I think they are on the band with Des Plaines which sounds like it is a tease for them, kind of like the cousin with strict parents hanging out with the one who can do whatever he wants. Still at $55/ 6 agencies....I'd probably shoot for it.

Comment

Yea for 55 bucks I'd apply. And you never know, one of them may be the one giving you call. I tell people to use the shotgun approach and not the sniper approach. Apply EVERYWHERE(even other states) you reasonably can. But like mentioned earlier, IL departments have to test so often. I went to the academy with someone who tested 2 years ago and the list he was on was due to expire the day he got called. He forgot he took the test, but was happy they gave him a hire date of only a week later. So just keep swinging for the fences people.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                          Yea for 55 bucks I'd apply. And you never know, one of them may be the one giving you call. I tell people to use the shotgun approach and not the sniper approach. Apply EVERYWHERE(even other states) you reasonably can. But like mentioned earlier, IL departments have to test so often. I went to the academy with someone who tested 2 years ago and the list he was on was due to expire the day he got called. He forgot he took the test, but was happy they gave him a hire date of only a week later. So just keep swinging for the fences people.
                          Did you mention out of state? LOL Anybody who could, I would...jump this ship and head to Texas without turning around. I hear PR MIGHT be picking up 1-2 by the year's end.

Comment

I'm definitely testing for it. Out of that many departments there has to at least be a hand full of unannounced retirements that even the departments aren't aware of.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10538 users online. 432 members and 10106 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X