Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NIPSTA power test VS the rest??? Is NIPSTA Stricter in their testing?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIPSTA power test VS the rest??? Is NIPSTA Stricter in their testing?

Just like the title says.

Is the NIPSTA test stricter in anyway? Just wondering so I know what to watch out for.

I have the Joliet College POWER test card. Its only 6 months. Since there are a few police departments only accpeting the NIPSTA card I figured I can get that one too.

Thanks

[QUOTE=thirdGEARchirp;3593032]Just like the title says.

Is the NIPSTA test stricter in anyway? Just wondering so I know what to watch out for.

No it's not stricter than the Joliet Junior College Power Card or the Triton Power Card, it's just that some agencies specifically want only the NIPSTA card. Why? I don't really know. I have a feeling that certain agencies get some kind of kick back (La Cosa Nostra style) from NIPSTA versus the JJC or Triton power card when they say that they only accept NIPSTA. The POWER test requirements are exactly the same. And I currently have NIPSTA and JJC power cards.

I have the Joliet College POWER test card. Its only 6 months. Since there are a few police departments only accpeting the NIPSTA card I figured I can get that one too.
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

[QUOTE=SomeChicagoDude;3593051]
      Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
      Just like the title says.

No it's not stricter than the Joliet Junior College Power Card or the Triton Power Card, it's just that some agencies specifically want only the NIPSTS card. Why? I don't really know. I have a feeling that the agency gets some kind of kick back (La Cosa Nostra style) from NIPSTS versus the JJC or Triton power card when they say that they only accept NIPSTA. The POWER test requirements are exactly the same. And I currently have NIPSTA and JJC power cards.

Thanks

Comment

I've never tested with other two testing facilities so I have no comparison but I've tested wtih NIPSTA a few times. The last time I tested wtih NIPSTA, which was May 2013, I felt it was a bit of a joke. They would say you need to do full sit up but people passed doing something that barely resembled a crunch let alone a sit up. Their "bench" is another joke. I had to bench 200lbs but it felt more like 150 or less. They are also pretty laxed on their run times, the admin said he was going to do us a favor start the clock once we were well into the first lap. People passed who had no business passing. So I'd say its not strict at all.

Comment

Ive had three separate experiences with Nipsta back in the dark ages of police testing, 2007-2011, when seemingly no one hired.

A lack of flexibility has always been my issue, even though i've played sports and have been active nearly my entire life. Sit and reach, which is effortless for the majority, is my weakest point when attempting the POWER test. My first two visits i passed everything at Nipsta, thanks in part to sympathetic proctors who were willing to give me the extra bit of room I needed to pass. Third visit, which was just before the deadline with a suburban agency, the proctor noticed me jerking a bit and had another applicant hold down my thighs. As a result, I failed and due to time constraints and a deadline for the suburb I couldn't take their test.

Two suggestions: one, don't count on nipsta employees to push you through the test if you're lacking in a specific area; and two, take your test far enough in advance of a city's deadline so you'll have time to re-take it if you fail.

Comment

Regardless of how well you do at NIPSTA, if you're hired, you still have to pass the POWER to get into the Academy...the one that really counts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8561 users online. 334 members and 8227 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X