300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Grove PD 2015

Buffalo Grove is hiring and for some reason they are only accepting the NIPSTA power card.

I have the Joliet Junior College POWER test card. Hmmm, I'm debating on applying for this one.

I tested there about 7 years ago and it seemed like traffic, traffic, traffic. I've been there since for classes, and nobody spoke poorly about the department, but I don't know much else.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
      I tested there about 7 years ago and it seemed like traffic, traffic, traffic. I've been there since for classes, and nobody spoke poorly about the department, but I don't know much else.
      yeah but starting out at 62k a year isnt bad lol

Comment

Lots of traffic isn't bad either. I love it. Some people could go an entire career without pulling over a car.

Comment

I'll be at this test for sure. Great area with few headaches. Wish I knew if they were hiring though. Got to get a new NIPSTA card.

Comment

The application packet says that the purpose is to create a two year eligibility list to hire off of as spots open up. So that doesn't sound like active hiring to me.

Comment

Does anyone know about how many people showed up at the Buffalo Grove orientation?

Comment

Only making a list.
                "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Thanks chicagodude..I'm not going to bother on going then, not worth leaving work for this

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                    Only making a list.
                    bummer, I'll still go though.

Comment

Only making a list.
                      how long was the orientation?

Comment

You guys should still go and take the test. Two years is a long time and there can be sudden retirements, laterals, etc. I've tested for depts who said they're just making a list, but ended up hiring 5-10 off that list.

Comment

Originally posted by j89 View Post
                          You guys should still go and take the test. Two years is a long time and there can be sudden retirements, laterals, etc. I've tested for depts who said they're just making a list, but ended up hiring 5-10 off that list.
                          I agree.

I'm on 3 lists right now that are not currently hiring

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero1138 View Post
                            Does anyone know about how many people showed up at the Buffalo Grove orientation?
                            I attended the meeting last night, there were 84 of us they said but there were two orientations. P&F Commissioner stated that roughly half show up for the written though.

Only making a list.
                            Exactly correct, 2 year eligibility list but with NO active positions currently. They swear in a new officer on Monday 3/16 too which is in the mid-low 20's on thir current list expiring.

Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
                            how long was the orientation?
                            About 30 min including an orientation video about the Dept., Chief and Police & Fire Commissioner talked and that was all.

Comment

I'm not taking the written exam here because I'm taking another written exam for a different police agency which happens to be on the same time and day as Buffalo Grove.
                              "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4762 users online. 296 members and 4466 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X