300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Heights PD 2014

See you guys in the morning. Doors close at 0900!
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Passed, not the best score, but I'd be in the middle of the list after preference points are added, my guess, hope I'm higher of course! Lol

Comment

Yeah I passed too, but the last 14 questions I had to completely guess because I had 2 minutes left and didn't want to leave any questions blank. I was worried I wouldn't pass because of all that guessing. But I did. If had more time to answer those last 14 properly I'm confident it would have raised my score to at least 10% or more.

After the oral interview I'm looking to bump my ranking on the list up as well. Never took a written exam from the company Merit before. The map car accident section really took too long. All they needed was like 4 of those, not 15. If you can answer 4 of those correctly you know how to read that map and figure out what's going on, having so many more is a waste of time.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Who was the Testing company?

Comment

Merit Employment Assessment Services, Inc. (MEAS) was the company.

Comment

Yea there was a lot of those questions, I bet it drove some ppl crazy, patience is key.
            I actually like how they don't waste your time filling out the app and questionnaire until you actually pass the written and then grading it right then and there.
            I also seen a lot of empty seats with testing booklets at 9am, and people walking out without a white envelope in the end, I want to say 100 ppl left off the back.

Comment

As a reward for me passing the Chicago Heights PD exam this past Saturday morning , I purchased a new Android cellular device and this is the 1st webpage I went to with my new phone. Just wanted to post that here. Carry on.

Comment

Android for the LOSS!!! lol just kidding how do you like it?!

Comment

Originally posted by illiniguy929 View Post
                  Android for the LOSS!!! lol just kidding how do you like it?!
                  Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is super sexy and slick! Best phone I ever had...and once I finally get on the job as a police officer, I can finally say the phrase I've wanted to say since I was a kid when someone would ask me how work is going, "Best job I ever had."

Comment

My brother bought one of those a few weeks ago. It's always a battle. He has his Note 4, and I have my iPhone 6. It's always a "battle" for which is better, lol.

Comment

Nice, isn't the iPhone 6 the same size as the Note 4?

Comment

They are just about the same size.

Comment

I've always owned an iPhone and it is staying that way!!

Comment

Whoever took the PD test you tested for one of the best departments in the south suburbs period. The Chief is a good man raised through the ranks. Yes, he earned his ranks. A lot of guys I worked with there are now in command or rank positions. Overall, a great group of guys and a lot of new young guys who want to work. They have specialty positions and if you get hired and work hard you will get recognized. Good luck to you all. If offered a position take it. You will get every type of experience that most officers will never see in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by littleguy View Post
                              Whoever took the PD test you tested for one of the best departments in the south suburbs period. The Chief is a good man raised through the ranks. Yes, he earned his ranks. A lot of guys I worked with there are now in command or rank positions. Overall, a great group of guys and a lot of new young guys who want to work. They have specialty positions and if you get hired and work hard you will get recognized. Good luck to you all. If offered a position take it. You will get every type of experience that most officers will never see in their careers.
                              Thanks I definitely will! Do you know the new PO that got hired and spoke during the orientation on 12/09 at the high school? He mentioned similar things too about how when he was at the metro academy in his graduating class there were recruits from 39 different departments with him and he said that some of them are not happy at the other agencies they're working at. The Chief does seem like a good guy, easy to talk to and a very smart guy. I'm dropping off my PHQ packet sometime next week!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9437 users online. 457 members and 8980 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X