300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
    Still testing at different departments? Yes. Let's see the first test I passed was CPD 2013, but they still haven't gotten to my lottery number yet. Getting closer but not there yet. That was December 2013.

Then I started testing in May 2014 with suburban PD'S and continued forward since then. So I've been actively and agressivley testing for the last 7 months and I'm on exactly 12 different eligibility lists so far. 12 of them including CPD haven't DQ'D me or got to me yet but they will give me a shot soon enough. And I've gained more experience in the hiring process with a few other departments already, not including those 12 I'm currently on the list for. I've heard many people tell me stories of testing at about 50 different departments before getting on.

So I've just assessed what's holding me back, it's called not a damn thing. Who would of thunk it?
    Damn.. I have some catching up to do. Next time CPD tests I'll be there. I missed the last test. I'm about to take my 7th & 8th tests soon. Working it up!

Comment

Just left the Oakbrook Terrace exam, I felt I did better this time around with how fast I went through the exam and finished almost all sections compared to last September. So we shall see when the official results come in.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Good luck! i was there too.. i was surprised you need an 80 to pass... getting better and better each time....seems like a quiet and nice town to work for...sucks its for list only but who doesnt like to play the waiting game

Comment

Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
          Good luck! i was there too.. i was surprised you need an 80 to pass... getting better and better each time....seems like a quiet and nice town to work for...sucks its for list only but who doesnt like to play the waiting game
          Totally agree. I am improving my COPS written exam skills from when I last took it, this COPS exam may not be so bad after all. It just takes some real speeding through each question and each time you'll get better at it. Yeah I figured 70 would be passing too.
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
            Good luck to you too bud!

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
              Just left the Oakbrook Terrace exam, I felt I did better this time around with how fast I went through the exam and finished almost all sections compared to last September. So we shall see when the official results come in.
              same here. I felt that I did better than before as well. Around 100 people showed up, so there may be only a small amount who pass. That eligibility list may be pretty small!!

Goodluck to everyone!!!

Comment

im assuming itll be a small list too...we will probably get results thursday or friday

Comment

results are out!! interview feb 9

Comment

Yup. No list yet but an interview on 02/12.

Good luck on the oral interview to those who passed!

Comment

thank you and good luck to all!!

Comment

that 80% test requirement killed a lot of people..... 60% failed

Comment

Originally posted by chgometro View Post
                          that 80% test requirement killed a lot of people..... 60% failed
                          60%, wow. How did you confirm that?

Comment

Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
                            60%, wow. How did you confirm that?
                            Inside source

Comment

Originally posted by chgometro View Post
                              Inside source
                              nice, well at least we know the list will be about 40 people. lol

Comment

Initial list is out!! pretty happy with my spot in the list... sucks they aren't hiring anyone though

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9234 users online. 394 members and 8840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X