300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Brook Terrace

Anyone know if they are hiring? Pretty small department/town so its a bit of a long shot.

Originally posted by mk5400 View Post
    Anyone know if they are hiring? Pretty small department/town so its a bit of a long shot.
    I'll give you a shiny new nickel if you can figure out what type of enforcement you'll be doing the majority of your shift with 2,200 residents and IL-56, IL-83 and IL-38 running right through it.

Comment

I was a CSO for a town right next to OBT. OBT guys always seemed alright but I didn't get to interact with them much. But yes, its tickets, tickets, tickets with the added spice of having to deal with the neighboring Oak Brook residents (hint: they're snobs).
      Last edited by mk5400; 12-16-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I can't see them hiring a lot. They just had a listing not too long ago for P/T guys too. P/T guys save the village an insane amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
          I can't see them hiring a lot. They just had a listing not too long ago for P/T guys too. P/T guys save the village an insane amount of money.
          Wrong department.....no p/t employees

Comment

I'll be testing here next month.
            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by chgometro View Post
              Wrong department.....no p/t employees
              Are you sure about that? They had a listing not even a few weeks ago? Maybe it was for certified guys now that I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                Are you sure about that? They had a listing not even a few weeks ago? Maybe it was for certified guys now that I think about it.
                100% positive....they had a CSO opening about 7 months ago. Only P/T employees are the desk officers.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                  I'll be testing here next month.
                  SomeChicagoDude, you are STILL at this? I'm sorry but if you haven't gotten anywhere by now, I would seriously assess what is holding you back, and possibly look into something else.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
                    SomeChicagoDude, you are STILL at this? I'm sorry but if you haven't gotten anywhere by now, I would seriously assess what is holding you back, and possibly look into something else.
                    Still testing at different departments? Yes. Let's see the first test I passed was CPD 2013, but they still haven't gotten to my lottery number yet. Getting closer but not there yet. That was December 2013.

Then I started testing in May 2014 with suburban PD'S and continued forward since then. So I've been actively and agressivley testing for the last 7 months and I'm on exactly 12 different eligibility lists so far. 12 of them including CPD haven't DQ'D me or got to me yet but they will give me a shot soon enough. And I've gained more experience in the hiring process with a few other departments already, not including those 12 I'm currently on the list for. I've heard many people tell me stories of testing at about 50 different departments before getting on.

So I've just assessed what's holding me back, it's called not a damn thing. Who would of thunk it?
                    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Repost your "I've been everywhere song" lol

Comment

Back by popular demand, for my friend SubZeroo...

Ahem! Ahhhhhhhem!

I was totin' my pack along the dusty Winnemucca road,
                        When along came a officer.com forum member with a high an' canvas-covered load.
                        "If you're goin' to Winnemucca, Mack, with me you can ride."
                        And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside.
                        He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand.
                        And I said, "Listen...SomeChicagoDude's testin' at every agency in this here land!" (Until I get the call)

I've been everywhere, man.
                        Crossed the desert's bare, man.
                        I've breathed the mountain air, man.
                        Of travel I've had my share, man.
                        I'm testing everywhere.

I've been to:
                        Reno, Chicago (I live here!), Fargo, Minnesota,
                        Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota,
                        Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma,
                        Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma,
                        Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo,
                        Tocapillo, Baranquilla, and Perdilla, I'm a killer.

I'm testing everywhere.

I've been to:
                        Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana,
                        Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana,
                        Monterey, Faraday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa,
                        Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa,
                        Tennessee to Tennesse Chicopee, Spirit Lake,
                        Grand Lake, Devils Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake.

I'm testing everywhere.

I've been to:
                        Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika,
                        Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica,
                        Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport,
                        Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond du Lac, Davenport,
                        Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina,
                        Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean-a.

I'm testing everywhere.

I've been to:
                        Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado,
                        Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado,
                        Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chatanika,
                        Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika,
                        Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City,
                        Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge City, what a pity.

I'm testing everywhere.

Comment

Do yourselves a favor and take a gander over here at this. You'll thank me later:

http://youtu.be/MmFN9C9PVpg

Disclaimer: Sorry for the interruption in the Oakbrook Terrace thread everyone, you are now brought back to your regularly scheduled Oakbrook Terrace thread without interruption.
                          Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 12-26-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                            Still testing at different departments? Yes. Let's see the first test I passed was CPD 2013, but they still haven't gotten to my lottery number yet. Getting closer but not there yet. That was December 2013.

Then I started testing in May 2014 with suburban PD'S and continued forward since then. So I've been actively and agressivley testing for the last 7 months and I'm on exactly 12 different eligibility lists so far. 12 of them including CPD haven't DQ'D me or got to me yet but they will give me a shot soon enough. And I've gained more experience in the hiring process with a few other departments already, not including those 12 I'm currently on the list for. I've heard many people tell me stories of testing at about 50 different departments before getting on.

So I've just assessed what's holding me back, it's called not a damn thing. Who would of thunk it?

This describes exactly what I have been doing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
                              This describes exactly what I have been doing. lol
                              Great minds think...test alike

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6044 users online. 238 members and 5806 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X