Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state lateral transfer to IL?

Hello,

I moved out of the Chicago area in 2011 for a job in the DC area. I love the job but I've been thinking that I'd like to move back home in the next 1.5 - 2 years.

Just wondering what the job atmosphere is like and if there are any suburban departments out there who will accept my out of state certification.

Any info would be appreciated,

Thanks!

In IL you have to be hired by an agency before the training and standards board will even look at your current training and grant any waivers

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
      In IL you have to be hired by an agency before the training and standards board will even look at your current training and grant any waivers
      ^^^This^^^ The good news is that Illinois requires only a 400 hour basic academy and most states require more hours.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

And I speak from experience as I am going thru this right now to work part for an agency in IL

Comment

Oh ok...so the training standard board can accept out of state certifications but you actually have to be hired first.

I do appreciate the info.

Also, I was applying out in the Chicago area in 09-10 and the job market sucked..that's why I left. Has it improved at all out there?
          Last edited by P_K; 12-18-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Correct, you must be hired first. I have had heard of incidents where they didn't accept out-of-state training. However I think those were special circumstances.

I'm not so sure about the job market in the Chicago area but check the Blue Line for job announcements. A lot of IL agencies post openings on there

Comment

This may help you from the IL Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board website.
              http://www.ptb.state.il.us/training/...outofstate.htm
              183 FBINA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6196 users online. 239 members and 5957 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X