300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeKalb County

Well I see Dekalb is testing. I really don't know much about that department. Anyone have some insights? Are they hiring? Is it correctional first and patrol later?

Yes to the last two questions

Comment

Considering it, but this will be the farthest dept I test for if I go through with it.

I'll wait to see if another PD is testing in January a little closer to make it 3 for January. If not, I may test with Dekalb County.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by mk5400 View Post
        Well I see Dekalb is testing. I really don't know much about that department. Anyone have some insights? Are they hiring? Is it correctional first and patrol later?
        No guarantee of patrol.
        Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

I'm thinking applying here??
          Going follow SomeChicagoDude steps

Comment

Originally posted by aliera View Post
            I'm thinking applying here??
            Going follow SomeChicagoDude steps
            You're lucky the written exam will be on a Saturday, because that's you're day off from the CPD academy Aliera you'll get on by the time Dekalb's written transpires.
            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
              You're lucky the written exam will be on a Saturday, because that's you're day off from the CPD academy Aliera you'll get on by the time Dekalb's written transpires.
              You never know if I get kick out of CPD process. If i get kick out the CPD process. I will hit you up, and take ride to Dekalb

Comment

Well even if I get stuck in corrections I imagine its a hell of a lot better then cook county. Might be worth it to apply as a back up to a back up.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5400 View Post
                  Well even if I get stuck in corrections I imagine its a hell of a lot better then cook county. Might be worth it to apply as a back up to a back up.
                  Money isn't bad. You have one more year to top pay than patrol and money is just shy of patrol. Better working conditions than Cook and a new expansion of the jail is expected "soon". They cater to the inmates tho. Not sure if it's still the case but the CO's couldn't have black gloves cause they were too intimidating. It's the Hilton of area jails.
                  Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

Originally posted by BoyWithStick View Post
                    Money isn't bad. You have one more year to top pay than patrol and money is just shy of patrol. Better working conditions than Cook and a new expansion of the jail is expected "soon". They cater to the inmates tho. Not sure if it's still the case but the CO's couldn't have black gloves cause they were too intimidating. It's the Hilton of area jails.
                    Guess they won't let you wear sunglasses on duty either?

Comment

When is the deadline to apply?

Comment

Jan 5th 2015!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by illiniguy929 View Post
                          Jan 5th 2015!!!!!
                          Ok. So do I have to turn in the application in person?

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                            Ok. So do I have to turn in the application in person?
                            They provide a mailing address in the application....
                            Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

Originally posted by BoyWithStick View Post
                              They provide a mailing address in the application....
                              I'm assuming the application has to be turned in before the 5th?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5695 users online. 216 members and 5479 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X