Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago fire department 2014

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chicago fire department 2014

    Alright I know there are a lot of you on here trying to cast your nets out everywhere. Lets have a thread to talk about the CFD testing that will be coming up in a couple weeks!

  • #2
    Originally posted by kevmat9 View Post
    Alright I know there are a lot of you on here trying to cast your nets out everywhere. Lets have a thread to talk about the CFD testing that will be coming up in a couple weeks!
    Are you
    Coming in for the test?

    Comment


    • #3
      Sweet thread! Thanks for this and great idea because honestly I went to the Firehouse.com forum which is like a sister site of Officer.com, and the Firehouse.com forum is like a ghost town with a few random wanderers and tumbleweed rolling around. The posts and threads are very seldom, there's not even a CFD 2014 thread created. CPD 2013 was made back on June 2013, 6 months before our written exam.

      I'll be here that day too for my CFD exam. Taking a suburban police officer written exam early that morning at 0900, then getting dropped off at McCormick Place by 1615 ish for my CFD session.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

      Comment


      • #4
        9 days away to be exact. Not like I'm counting or anything.
        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

        Comment


        • #5
          I won't be participating in this thread, but CFD, man, the gig of ALL gigs! Seriously, the ULTIMATE public service job. I hope some of you kids get that one!

          Comment


          • #6
            Edit......
            Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:06 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Like berwynguy say "I won't be participating on this thread" but I will read it once in a while. Goodluck for a those taking the CFD entrance exam.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                Are you
                Coming in for the test?
                yes!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                  Sweet thread! Thanks for this and great idea because honestly I went to the Firehouse.com forum which is like a sister site of Officer.com, and the Firehouse.com forum is like a ghost town with a few random wanderers and tumbleweed rolling around. The posts and threads are very seldom, there's not even a CFD 2014 thread created. CPD 2013 was made back on June 2013, 6 months before our written exam.

                  I'll be here that day too for my CFD exam. Taking a suburban police officer written exam early that morning at 0900, then getting dropped off at McCormick Place by 1615 ish for my CFD session.
                  I did the same thing bro....it was so dead in there I thought I should just start it here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kevmat9 View Post
                    I did the same thing bro....it was so dead in there I thought I should just start it here.
                    If I made an account on the Firehouse.com forum it would be like I'm talking to myself lol. Good idea again with this. CFD hasn't had a written exam since 2006, so it's going to be interesting. In a few months CPD will be getting to my lottery number, but even when I'll be a PO with whichever department, I'll still continue forward with the CFD hiring process just to complete the entire process. I still choose being a police officer as my number one priority. But like Berwynguy said, being a Chicago Fire Fighter is still a good gig, even if it's solely a back up.
                    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You never know what the world holds. Always have a plan B. I'm glad I did after cpd dq'd me

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Best part-time job you can get...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Reporting time: 1615 right here.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GregB View Post
                            Reporting time: 1615 right here.
                            10-4 same with me.

                            Best part-time job for full time pay?

                            I've never taken two exams on the same day before. I'm driving down to the south suburbs for a police officer written exam and doors close at 0900. And my check in time for the CFD exam is 1615, but doors close at 1700 really. Looking forward to it!
                            Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 12-07-2014, 12:51 PM.
                            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I am throwing my name into the hat this time as well. The schedule is great and every cop I talked to said to go be a firefighter.

                              Is anyone familiar with the hiring process? Is it basically the same as CPD? Written, CPAT, background, poly, psych, medical?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3609 users online. 234 members and 3375 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X