Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it was kind of a joke and I was trying to be silly in the last part of my previous post. Still ****ed though about them lying like that. I mean you understand why we're upset.
    Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 12-24-2014, 10:03 PM.
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
      ...have you been drinking SCD...?
      No just annoyed at Downers Grove and how they conduct their shady process.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
        No just annoyed at Downers Grove and how they conduct their shady process.
        Hate to tell you this but most suburban departments take the top 50 candidates. It all depends on the size of the agency as well. Sometimes you might even get agencies that take the top 20.

However, there are agencies that will in fact exhaust the top 50 candidates and go back into the applicant pool and process the next batch. It all depends on the agency that you are testing with.

Comment

Sounds like some of you put too much into one application and learned the hard truth that you are going to have to apply and test quite a few times before you make it...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I'll be back on it no doubt.

Comment

While I always give you advice on what to do, this will be no different. Accept it and move on. You'll be angry, say this place sucks, give it a bad rep to others and tell your story... In the end, they will win and this will hurt you. People talk, Officer's B.I's, Chief's, etc. If you go the full length, threaten to sue, start a war, etc, it CAN harm you in other processes. Others will consider you a liability and you'll be screwed.

I've seen lists where they take as many apps as possible, and yet ONLY interview the top 10. I've seen departments accept as many apps as possible, say they will only interview the top 30 and will only keep the top 15 AND then say "we really like hiring vets and certified Officer's here...". I've seen departments test for a full list and literally a month later create a lateral/certified list (which one do you really think they will hire from??). Best one yet... I've seen a County agency go through an entire testing process, create a list from everyone, ONLY hire certified guys and completely DUMP the list and RE-TEST for a new list within weeks because they "didn't get the amount of certified guys they originally wanted".

Use this, mark it down as a bad department to test for and don't test there again. You'll be mad about it, but it isn't worth going after in the long run. Think about it... Even if you fight, and say you win and the Chief puts you down as #51, was it worth it? Do you think there is a chance they will even make it to you? Even if they did, do you think the Chief wants to hire a guy that fought him during the process? Now, he talks to his friends, fellow bosses in other towns, and they say "oh, this guy is on our list too, f-*-ck that guy"! Now you start getting a bad rep before you've even been given a chance.

See what I'm saying man? Just let it go.

Comment

Suburbs already know who they want, sometimes before the tests even start. I took one town tests twice and they hired the deputy chiefs nephew. The second time I went to an interview with a girl who wore jeans and flip flops and she got picked up instead of me because she was an internal candidate. I took another test in park ridge and I competed against 2 ex chicago police officers, FBI agent, and navy seal. Some suburbs LIKE to weed people out in polys psychs orals, to show how hard it is to make it. Sometimes you might be too short, old, a gender, race or sexual orientation that they may not like but may have to do something to get around it. Plus be prepared to be bounced from the suburbs if you've ever done anything wrong in your life(speeding ticket within 5 years your toast) Also testing is a great revenue generator There is a lot of politics in the burbs and I have been a victim to it. PM me if you want to learn more. Word to the wise (stick with CPD or ISP). There you are lottery number **** and that's it. You pass the tests and your good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6593 users online. 235 members and 6358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X