Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told today that the list isn't even out yet and that they're working on getting it out very soon...
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
      I was told today that the list isn't even out yet and that they're working on getting it out very soon...
      The list is out for the Top 50 with their test scores and number rank this went out on December 17th

The individual oral interview dates and scheduled time slots went out on December 22nd

Hope this helps everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Maka View Post
        The list is out for the Top 50 with their test scores and number rank this went out on December 17th

The individual oral interview dates and scheduled time slots went out on December 22nd

Hope this helps everyone!
        I guess this intel was highly classified as only the top 50 would be notified because HR told me the list isn't finished lol

Now I really want to know my ranking number I hate when agencies do this. Another large department I tested for in October is playing the same mind games of only notifying the top *** candidates and the rest will have to wait a few weeks later for the rest of the ranking.
        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

So close to the top 50! Uh. I hate it when depts make that top so and so at the test. Just put a damn limit on the application take out. So instead of 600 people testing, make the limit to only 200 applications available and the early people get a chance and interview everyone.

Comment

On the actual online application first page it says that they will EXHAUST the list, not take only the top 50 and toss the rest of the candidates out. During the orientation I remember them saying that the top 50 would get scheduled for their oral interviews, but I could of sworn they made it seem like the top 50 would be the 1st list to go through the hiring process, after they exhaust that 1st list, then they would take possibly the next 50 to make the 2nd list and push them through the hiring process and so on. Just like what Joliet PD is doing. Not take only the top 50 and throw out the rest. So much for a list lasting 2 years, and so much for them clearly stating on the application page that they will exhaust the list. And so much for scoring over 91% and still not being able to go through the hiring process. Great job Downers Grove. Marvelous way to administer a hiring process by changing the stipulations whenever you want.

If they took the next 25 candidates after this first 50 to make a 2nd list out of the entire main list, I would definitely be going through the hiring process. Over 91% and they can't exhaust the entire list like the application said or at least make this list active for 2 years. Fantastic.
            Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 12-24-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

didnt the chief also say the same thing at the orientation? once the 50 is exhausted they will go for the next 25/50 people? but the email said thanks but no thanks, apply again next time? rip off

Comment

Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                didnt the chief also say the same thing at the orientation? once the 50 is exhausted they will go for the next 25/50 people? but the email said thanks but no thanks, apply again next time? rip off
                See I'm not the only one who heard that. Where's Dan Herbert's number hold on a second. This is outrageous and absurd. This is not the end of this and I am not finished with them.

Comment

Yeah I'm totally confused, my email originally (from few weeks past) said I "failed and was no longer eligible" yet I scored a 92+%.... I'm thrown into a loop here.

Comment

Class action lawsuit? I'm no attorney and don't know exactly what constitutes a class action suit, but at the same time I'm damn sure not letting this go either.

Comment

A lot of suburbs don't keep huge lists and groups. Most of them have a cut off because they know chances are the won't pass #10. Or they know they don't hire often and won't need a huge list. While it sucks for you guys, it's not unheard of for a town to do this.

A remember a town I tested at where 150 applied. They were taking only the top 30 for interviews and making their final list the top 15. Everyone else got dumped.

Comment

I get it, but hes kinda contradicting himself as a police officer when he says one thing and then does another realizing candidates will be displeased.
                        Oh well, were gona move on from this right guys? on to the next one...

Comment

Don't forget the app cost $45 too. This was not your typical $30 app.

Yeah to me the issue I'm having is that on the online application it stated that they exhaust the list. Then during the orientation I could of sworn I remember someone asking about how long the list will be valid for and someone speaking said 2 years. They never brought to our attention that after the top 50 they were going to toss the rest of the candidates out. They did mention the top 50 will move onto the oral interviews but that was it. They do have the right to administer the hiring process how they see fit, but they should have made it clear to us from the beginning that if you are not in the top 50 candidates you will be DQ'd. They never brought that to our attention.

Does anyone else who was at the orientation remember either the chief or the director of HR specifically saying that this list will be valid for 2 years besides me??

Comment

Take a disregard.
                            Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 12-26-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

...have you been drinking SCD...?

Comment

Lol seriously...move on man. You didn't get top 50, it happens. Go take the next test and don't ruin your name by doing something dumb. That's how it goes in the suburbs incase you're just figuring that out.

But really that last post by chicagodude was a joke right?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7932 users online. 367 members and 7565 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X