replied
    I was waiting for someone to ask

"Do we get to eat those doughnuts?.."

Leave a comment:

• Maka
    replied
    Downers Grove PD

"Is the department on 8 or 12 hour shifts?"

Really does it matter.. If it did you should have checked into this before paying for you application. FacePalm!

Leave a comment:

• Bman4130
    replied
    If I was the officer I would've responded "no, just the ones that want to be police officers"

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    replied
    Originally posted by Maka View Post
    Yeah I was just sitting and thinking to myself during the orientation, "could everyone stop asking DUMB questions!"
    Best question I heard at an orientation once: "Does everybody have to pass firearms in the academy"?

The Officer took a few moments to respond....

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    Bench press should be 100% of your body weight. No exceptions, no excuses, no spotters.

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
    Precisely
    Yeah that kinda stinks. However I did notice 2-3 in particular at the test that I could definitely see keeping up with the guys.

Leave a comment:

• Bman4130
    replied
    Originally posted by Erick.G View Post
    You mean physical test?
    Precisely

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
    Too bad the tests aren't equal.
    You mean physical test?

Leave a comment:

• Bman4130
    replied
    Too bad the tests aren't equal.

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    In all honesty though, before beginning to apply to become an officer, I had no idea so many women tested to be cops. Not being sexist or anything, I just literally had no idea. Kinda cool seeing how many were there today.

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    Originally posted by Maka View Post
    Yeah I was just sitting and thinking to myself during the orientation, "could everyone stop asking DUMB questions!"
    Hahaha. Seriously.

"Um, is the testing going to take place in this room?"

I was about to lose it.

Leave a comment:

• Maka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
    When the chief was referring to that one open spot, he gave me the look, paused, and a nod, as if to say, "Son, this spot is for you, just pass the remaining steps and you'll start at SLEA in no time."
    Yeah... He totally ignored me, as to not make it obvious that I practically have the job. I mean you know, nbd.

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    When the chief was referring to that one open spot, he gave me the look, paused, and a nod, as if to say, "Son, this spot is for you, just pass the remaining steps and you'll start at SLEA in no time."

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    They get pretty far on the list too, usually towards the very end. Last test they had was about 3 years ago the chief said.

They're doing the oral interviews for the top 50 candidates. Looking forward to my results to see where I placed.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4910 users online. 240 members and 4670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X