X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    Originally posted by qw456 View Post
    didnt the chief also say the same thing at the orientation? once the 50 is exhausted they will go for the next 25/50 people? but the email said thanks but no thanks, apply again next time? rip off
    See I'm not the only one who heard that. Where's Dan Herbert's number hold on a second. This is outrageous and absurd. This is not the end of this and I am not finished with them.

Leave a comment:

• qw456
    replied
    didnt the chief also say the same thing at the orientation? once the 50 is exhausted they will go for the next 25/50 people? but the email said thanks but no thanks, apply again next time? rip off

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    On the actual online application first page it says that they will EXHAUST the list, not take only the top 50 and toss the rest of the candidates out. During the orientation I remember them saying that the top 50 would get scheduled for their oral interviews, but I could of sworn they made it seem like the top 50 would be the 1st list to go through the hiring process, after they exhaust that 1st list, then they would take possibly the next 50 to make the 2nd list and push them through the hiring process and so on. Just like what Joliet PD is doing. Not take only the top 50 and throw out the rest. So much for a list lasting 2 years, and so much for them clearly stating on the application page that they will exhaust the list. And so much for scoring over 91% and still not being able to go through the hiring process. Great job Downers Grove. Marvelous way to administer a hiring process by changing the stipulations whenever you want.

If they took the next 25 candidates after this first 50 to make a 2nd list out of the entire main list, I would definitely be going through the hiring process. Over 91% and they can't exhaust the entire list like the application said or at least make this list active for 2 years. Fantastic.
    Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 12-24-2014, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• qw456
    replied
    So close to the top 50! Uh. I hate it when depts make that top so and so at the test. Just put a damn limit on the application take out. So instead of 600 people testing, make the limit to only 200 applications available and the early people get a chance and interview everyone.

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Maka View Post
    The list is out for the Top 50 with their test scores and number rank this went out on December 17th

The individual oral interview dates and scheduled time slots went out on December 22nd

Hope this helps everyone!
    I guess this intel was highly classified as only the top 50 would be notified because HR told me the list isn't finished lol

Now I really want to know my ranking number I hate when agencies do this. Another large department I tested for in October is playing the same mind games of only notifying the top *** candidates and the rest will have to wait a few weeks later for the rest of the ranking.

Leave a comment:

• Maka
    replied
    Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
    I was told today that the list isn't even out yet and that they're working on getting it out very soon...
    The list is out for the Top 50 with their test scores and number rank this went out on December 17th

The individual oral interview dates and scheduled time slots went out on December 22nd

Hope this helps everyone!

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    I was told today that the list isn't even out yet and that they're working on getting it out very soon...

Leave a comment:

• scoop34
    replied
    Originally posted by qw456 View Post
    Do you still get the @ and list if not in the top 50?
    I'm not sure. It may just be top 50

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• qw456
    replied
    Do you still get the @ and list if not in the top 50?

Leave a comment:

• scoop34
    replied
    Email went out today with interview dates and location!

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    Oh email, gotcha

Leave a comment:

• Maka
    replied
    Yes, the list went out today for the top 50

Leave a comment:

• Erick.G
    replied
    Is the list even out

Leave a comment:

• Maka
    replied
    Well... How did you all do on the exam? Who took my number 1!!!

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
    Best question I heard at an orientation once: "Does everybody have to pass firearms in the academy"?

The Officer took a few moments to respond....
    Sounds like a left wing liberal democrat.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5499 users online. 278 members and 5221 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X