300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maka View Post
    Yep I'll be there we will all be again getting more interviews. Screw top 10 let's all go top 5
    What, you all didn't hear? I'm hired. They said I could skip the test because they know how awesome we'll all do.

Comment

I live in Downers Grove, for the most part it is pretty quiet there are a lot of retail thefts and traffic enforcement. In the last year or two got all brand new squad cars mostly explorers I believe. There is one that has the cameras that automatically scan all license plates that it passes. Most of the officers like their career here and are easy to talk to and professional, only complaint I hear is that it gets slow at times. That is all I know just by living here.

I skipped on applying because I would need some new scenery for my career and not the same place I live for over 20 years lol.
      Good luck to you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Crispyrice35 View Post
        I live in Downers Grove, for the most part it is pretty quiet there are a lot of retail thefts and traffic enforcement. In the last year or two got all brand new squad cars mostly explorers I believe. There is one that has the cameras that automatically scan all license plates that it passes. Most of the officers like their career here and are easy to talk to and professional, only complaint I hear is that it gets slow at times. That is all I know just by living here.

I skipped on applying because I would need some new scenery for my career and not the same place I live for over 20 years lol.
        Good luck to you guys!
        Yeah I live just outside DG. I've gone on ride alongs there and it's slow, but a great town. The officers are all pretty cool.

Comment

Anyone else feel paranoid at the test? I felt like management was staring everyone down hard core lol.

Comment

Did they ever fix the financial situation here? I remember hearing just a few years back that there were budget woes and potential lay offs, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick.G View Post
              Anyone else feel paranoid at the test? I felt like management was staring everyone down hard core lol.
              I'd assume so, considering the chief mentioned a new dept.

Comment

Downers Grove PD

From what they said is that they have one opening now, one sergeant leaving in January and then many over the course of the next two to three years for the list with people leaving for retirement. They said list will last either two or threes years.

Should all have a good opportunity.

Comment

They get pretty far on the list too, usually towards the very end. Last test they had was about 3 years ago the chief said.

They're doing the oral interviews for the top 50 candidates. Looking forward to my results to see where I placed.
                  "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

When the chief was referring to that one open spot, he gave me the look, paused, and a nod, as if to say, "Son, this spot is for you, just pass the remaining steps and you'll start at SLEA in no time."
                    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                      When the chief was referring to that one open spot, he gave me the look, paused, and a nod, as if to say, "Son, this spot is for you, just pass the remaining steps and you'll start at SLEA in no time."
                      Yeah... He totally ignored me, as to not make it obvious that I practically have the job. I mean you know, nbd.

Comment

Yeah I was just sitting and thinking to myself during the orientation, "could everyone stop asking DUMB questions!"

Comment

Originally posted by Maka View Post
                          Yeah I was just sitting and thinking to myself during the orientation, "could everyone stop asking DUMB questions!"
                          Hahaha. Seriously.

"Um, is the testing going to take place in this room?"

I was about to lose it.

Comment

In all honesty though, before beginning to apply to become an officer, I had no idea so many women tested to be cops. Not being sexist or anything, I just literally had no idea. Kinda cool seeing how many were there today.

Comment

Too bad the tests aren't equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                                Too bad the tests aren't equal.
                                You mean physical test?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9356 users online. 226 members and 9130 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X