300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rauner and IL LE

Let's talk about Rauner and what he plans on/could do good or bad for LE jobs in the state if Illinois.

All I have heard is moving IDOC pensions to 401k and that he wants to bust up collective bargaining like Scott Walker did in Wisconsin.

All I can say is ( It's a cold day in hell )

Comment

Guys, I wouldn't worry. This is Illinois, Rauner is a business man, but politics ain't any old business. First he's gonna have to get through Mike Madigan and the super majorities in the Illinois House and Senate. That ain't gonna happen, basically Rauner's a lame duck governor JUST like Quinn was and Quinn was a Democrat! What chance do you think a Republican's gonna have here?
      Last edited by Berwynguy; 11-21-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what I think about anything happening, I'm just wondering what people have heard thru the wire, good or bad!

Comment

Lol.
          He is already planning to renovate the governors mansion with private funding. [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Comment

Not that anything they say is real but he changed his tune midway through the campaign and stated that police and fire pensions would be the exception to change because of the level of danger in the profession. Like the others said, changing anything will be a feat.
            Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

Chicago is a federal enclave, but he and Emmanuel are bffs.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-54009ade/t...auner-20140829

don't for get the $100,000 bottle of wine

He wants to swap pensions for 401ks??????? It'll will be interesting seeing Chicago cops going on strike. I still don't understand how Walker was able to bust up collective bargaining in WI.
              Last edited by theagent6; 11-22-2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theagent6 View Post
                Chicago is a federal enclave, but he and Emmanuel are bffs.
                Emmanuel has a lot of bffs and they all have huge bank accounts or some other influence to be bought / sold / traded.

Originally posted by theagent6 View Post
                He wants to swap pensions for 401ks??????? It'll will be interesting seeing Chicago cops going on strike. I still don't understand how Walker was able to bust up collective bargaining in WI.
                Are you saying that if Rauner takes the lead, busts up the unions,etc. that Emmanuel will follow suit? It isn't out of the realm of possibilities, but it is unlikely that the rank-and-file of CPD will allow it.

My pension is in both tiers (Regular & SLEP) of IMRF. I can see Rauner taking a swipe at this type of pension, but CPD is a bigger beast than Emmanuel and / or his friends can tame.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                  Emmanuel has a lot of bffs and they all have huge bank accounts or some other influence to be bought / sold / traded.

Are you saying that if Rauner takes the lead, busts up the unions,etc. that Emmanuel will follow suit? It isn't out of the realm of possibilities, but it is unlikely that the rank-and-file of CPD will allow it.

My pension is in both tiers (Regular & SLEP) of IMRF. I can see Rauner taking a swipe at this type of pension, but CPD is a bigger beast than Emmanuel and / or his friends can tame.

Still I don't even drink but am really curious to see what $100k tastes like

As for the pensions, Rauner said that he might try to do something similar in regards to unions as Walker did in WI. Now of course CHITOWN is .....CHITOWN. Unions aren't laying down for sure plus mess with a union city workers pension......and you got problems.

Comment

Rather than starting a new thread I'll post it here. With the judge in Springfield shooting down the the reduced pensions, does that affect us tier 2 muni coppers? I know it is going to go to the Supreme Court and take forever, but I am am curious because that would be huge to be tier 1.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8979 users online. 394 members and 8585 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X