300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attending SLEA in January

Hello everyone!! It looks like there could be a very good chance I can attend SLEA in January. Was wondering if anyone else has attended this academy in winter months. What should I expect? Is the entry POWER test conducted on the first date? Will it be administered indoors since it's January?? Any information will be helpful so I can continue preparing my self mentally. Thanks

Which dept

Comment

Originally posted by tr85 View Post
      Hello everyone!! It looks like there could be a very good chance I can attend SLEA in January. Was wondering if anyone else has attended this academy in winter months. What should I expect? Is the entry POWER test conducted on the first date? Will it be administered indoors since it's January?? Any information will be helpful so I can continue preparing my self mentally. Thanks
      +1

Any insight on SLEA's academy would be appreciated. You can PM it if you prefer. Thank you in advance.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

TR turn on your private messages and ChicagoDude clear you inbox!

Comment

Originally posted by ThinBlue404 View Post
          I have one open space now for a PM ThinBlue, thanks for any insight and help you can offer, I appreciate it!
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Still too full. Clear up more space and I'll send it over.

Comment

Still too full. Clear up more space and I'll send it over.
              Sorry about that, can you try now again? And thank you for the help. If there's any books, material, courses, any other method to prepare for SLEA's academy, PM it over. Thanks

Comment

Hey thinblue i believe i have turned on my PM. Thanks bud.

Comment

Ok my PM is on thinblue. Thanks.

Comment

Mine is on too if you guys want to talk.

Comment

You can PM me as well if you'd like. I attended SLEA a couple years ago in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                        Mine is on too if you guys want to talk.
                        Don't pm me about slea. I haven't been. You can PM me about life or if you need a friend.

Comment

I sense a song coming on...anyone want to take a wild guess what song my hurri-senses are telling me?

Comment

[QUO TE=SomeChicagoDude;3552376]I sense a song coming on...anyone want to take a wild guess what song my hurri-senses are telling me?[/QUOTE]

You've got a friend in me, somechicagodude

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                              Sorry about that, can you try now again? And thank you for the help. If there's any books, material, courses, any other method to prepare for SLEA's academy, PM it over. Thanks
                              There's nothing to it. Be on time. Press your uniform. Put some polish on your shoes. That's really about it. PT is not difficult. The discipline is usually writing To Froms (memos) and almost never anything physical. Their pride is in academics and the passing rate. Making it to SLEA is harder to accomplish than making it out. You'll be calling everybody that you see sir/ma'am and they will ignore you, look at you like a moron or laugh at you. You're not isolated, you just stand out because of the uniform but there are several classes that will be in session in the same building. The scenario training is actually pretty good. Remember that the police world is small and that if you are a jackass and act a fool there...it will follow you. I have a buddy I met at SLEA that with an agency on the other side of the county that I never expect to work with. Lo and behold, he left his agency and went to ISP and I see him every couple of months. You never know who of these people you will count on for any number of reasons in the future. I've actually backed this guy on stops. I've run into other classmates at trainings. Be decent to everyone, even the ones you don't like.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9903 users online. 460 members and 9443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X