300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time taking a polygraph for a suburban PD

Good morning, does anyone have any advice, tips, about what I can expect for a polygraph for a suburban PD I'm taking in a few days? The obvious be honest, be consistent, I already know about, but anything different about a suburban PD's polygraph compared to let's say CPD's poly which I've been debriefed on previously? A brief run down on the entire suburban PD poly experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help in advance. I'm nervous because I want to finally get on the job really bad.

If you prefer to PM me let me know so I can free up more space in my inbox. Thanks again!
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

It is literally the same thing. Fill out packet of questions, discuss packet of questions, take test (3) times about the results of questions with yes/no answers. Leave, profit with job. Unless overly political and you "fail".

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
      It is literally the same thing. Fill out packet of questions, discuss packet of questions, take test (3) times about the results of questions with yes/no answers. Leave, profit with job. Unless overly political and you "fail".
      Thanks Raiden!
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I'm also taking a psych and poly in a couple days. Any info on the psych? I've heard many ppl fail this test and its freaking me out a little

Comment

I was called by a detective assigned to my background investigation at this suburban PD and informed I just passed my very first polygraph I ever took. Meeting in a few days to begin the background investigation stage. They are looking to hire fast and I'm low on this list. This is such a great feeling. I feared the poly just because it was something new and I know that good guys who ended up becoming cops at different PD's failed a few poly's. I was worried about the inconclusive result. Super happy right now. Thanks Raiden, and everyone else who assisted me. Still have more work to do. Embrace the grind

Comment

See, and you were worried. Pass the phases and profit with the career :-D

Comment

Congrats, I was the same way when I took mine a couple weeks ago. The hardest part was trying to sit still for the whole time lol

Comment

Originally posted by Crispyrice35 View Post
                Congrats, I was the same way when I took mine a couple weeks ago. The hardest part was trying to sit still for the whole time lol
                Lol I started taking deep breaths in the beginning and he told me ok we need to do this over don't take really deep breaths. Then later I started dozing off and my eyes started closing a few times because I ended up getting way too relaxed and he told me not to close my eyes and to stay awake lol I apologized.

It was warm in the room, I was starting at a plain wall, there was no one else in the building so it was super quiet, those are nap time factors if you ask me. I couldn't help it, I was comfortable and bored at the same time haha

Now next hurdle to tackle is my 2nd psych written exam ever...I'll get to that bridge and worry once I have a date set.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                  Lol I started taking deep breaths in the beginning and he told me ok we need to do this over don't take really deep breaths. Then later I started dozing off and my eyes started closing a few times because I ended up getting way too relaxed and he told me not to close my eyes and to stay awake lol I apologized.

It was warm in the room, I was starting at a plain wall, there was no one else in the building so it was super quiet, those are nap time factors if you ask me. I couldn't help it, I was comfortable and bored at the same time haha

Now next hurdle to tackle is my 2nd psych written exam ever...I'll get to that bridge and worry once I have a date set.
                  I started to doze off as well when I focused on my breathing lol. I think that the psych and poly are only so bad when you have to take them for the first time because there is that mystery of not knowing what to expect and from hearing all of the horror stories on here.

As long as you believe in your self and do not try to be someone your not the whole process is nothing to worry about. I actually just got called saying I am moving on to the police and fire commission interview on 11/20.

Good luck on the rest of the process!

Comment

I started to doze off as well when I focused on my breathing lol. I think that the psych and poly are only so bad when you have to take them for the first time because there is that mystery of not knowing what to expect and from hearing all of the horror stories on here.

As long as you believe in your self and do not try to be someone your not the whole process is nothing to worry about. I actually just got called saying I am moving on to the police and fire commission interview on 11/20.

Good luck on the rest of the process!
                    Lmao nice that's pretty funny falling alseep during a polygraph. Thanks buddy and good luck to you as well wherever you're testing at!

2015 is the year our dreams come true, just a good feeling I have. I've worked too hard to let anything stop me

Comment

Tell the truth no matter what and it will work out. Many people don't fail these test they get bounced to get to who they want in my opinion.

Comment

Lmao nice that's pretty funny falling alseep during a polygraph. Thanks buddy and good luck to you as well wherever you're testing at!

2015 is the year our dreams come true, just a good feeling I have. I've worked too hard to let anything stop me
                        Congrats!! good luck in the rest of the process your so close!!

Comment

Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
                          Congrats!! good luck in the rest of the process your so close!!
                          Thanks brother! Start date for the academy is already set if I complete the remaining steps. It's soon too, sooner rather than later. Like very soon. I hope I get it. I want it sooooooooooo bad. Bad boys bad boys, what you gonna do when we come for you

Comment

Thanks brother! Start date for the academy is already set if I complete the remaining steps. It's soon too, sooner rather than later. Like very soon. I hope I get it. I want it sooooooooooo bad. Bad boys bad boys, what you gonna do when we come for you
                            What department are you going for because we seem to be testing at the exact same times lol

Comment

What department are you going for because we seem to be testing at the exact same times lol
                              You first, if the department I'm at is different then yours I'll shake my head no, if it's the same I'll just PM you but still shake my head no lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9620 users online. 396 members and 9224 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X