300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemont PD Test 11/1

Anybody have any info on this department?

I searched and the only info I could find was from 2012 and it was only a mention that they do 12 hour shifts. Is that even still true? Anybody testing with them this weekend?

I will be testing here this Saturday morning as well. I don't have current information on the department.
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I know a guy that came from here. They are still on 12hr shifts. Pretty quiet town. Lemont isn't exactly an active area.

Comment

@raiden341 did he happen to mention if people liked it there generally or how overall morale was?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

He had no complaints. Said morale was good. He just wanted a town that was more active. Plus he has better pay too. They were in the process of getting a new Chief too the last I heard.

Comment

Oh yeah that's right I remember seeing the posting on the blueline for Chief of Police for Lemont in the summer. I was thinking of applying, but I didn't want all the extra stress and pressure the job entails. I'd rather get involved in the municipal side of the job.

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
            He had no complaints. Said morale was good. He just wanted a town that was more active. Plus he has better pay too. They were in the process of getting a new Chief too the last I heard.
            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I will be there sat..anyone know how many they plan to hire... is this the same selection works exam as usual? email said 2 hours and 45 min and last I remember it took 3.5 hours

Comment

The written exam will be LST (Law Enforcement Selection Tool). There's a ton of reading paragraphs only to answer 3 questions. Followed by another long passage to read followed by another 2 or 3 questions to answer and so on. It will go on for a while.

Comment

I hate that exam so much. I almost blurted out "f*+^ this test" after doing a handful of those long questions and those ridiculous "blue print" questions. Only test I ever did where I became highly annoyed and frustrated.

I won't be there. I'm just adding my 14.5 cents

Comment

I used to live there. Quiet and well off town. Don't know much about morale but as someone said I do know it's a slow town but they get paid well (town of Lemont has a cityemployee list somewhere online if you wanna check). Could be a good or bad depending on what you're looking for in a department.

Comment

Finished the written exam. I had to use up the entire allowed time for this one. My 3rd LST this year. I believe I passed it again like back in 2009, and looking forward to this dept because they are trying to schedule interviews all before the end of the year and hired about 8 from their last list which was in 2012. PPO is 12 months but could extend if your performance requires it.

Comment

I finished it up in my usual amount of time. I've taken this test many times. It was good that they actually had a timeline. I liked the lady that spoke also. Seemed a little more lively than the commissioners that normally speak at orientations. It sucked being at the wrong door and standing out in the cold for 20 minutes though lol

Comment

yea same here test took me almost the whole time like always. I liked that commissioner she had a personality. lol i was standing out there too. i was shocked at how many people showed up i expected alot more for lemont. good luck to all!! seems like their process goes quick after interviews.

Comment

Received the email, I passed Lemont

Now just waiting for the oral interview.

Comment

I never thought I would say this but I'm starting to grow fond of the LST exams. Raiden would not approve of this. It's starting to have the COPS effect for those who are used to and enjoy taking the COPS written exams.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8049 users online. 312 members and 7737 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X