X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standoff in progress, Warren County

Anybody from back home following this?

http://wqad.com/2014/10/17/police-at...warren-county/

I cannot figure out why Monmouth PD would be clear out there.....should be Warren County Sheriff's Department/ISP. Does anybody know if MPD is sworn on the county for mutual aid stuff?

FWIW, this is home for me before I joined the Navy (Fulton/Knox/Warren/Mercer counties).

http://www.galesburg.com/article/201...NEWS/141019748

MONMOUTH — An incident allegedly involving a juvenile gunman and law enforcement began around 3:30 p.m. Friday on 155th Street in Warren County and ended nearly six hours later with one person in custody, according to officials.

By the time the incident concluded just before 9 p.m., officers had one subject in custody, Illinois State Trooper Dan Hill told The Register-Mail.

Several agencies were working in tandem, including Warren County Sheriff’s deputies and state troopers. Officials isolated the area around the incident at about 3:30 p.m. Law enforcement blockaded Illinois Route 164 and 230th Avenue leading to the 155th Street home in which the person, who initially was described as a juvenile on early calls to dispatch, remained. Officials would not comment whether the armed person was a juvenile.
    Sounds like it wrapped up. Wonder what the deal was.

Comment

Monmouth could have been called to assist county. At that point their jurisdiction extends to the county's jurisdiction.
      Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9579 users online. 375 members and 9204 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X