300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IL applicants for Madison WI

I realize that this is the IL thread but I'm a current IL resident and I'm curious if anyone from IL applied for Madison WI before? Anybody know what the chances are being hired there being a current IL resident?

I applied a few weeks back. My written and physical is Sunday.

That's all I know.

Comment

I see they are always hiring. No upper age limit so it might be one of my final PDs I apply for if I get too old.

Comment

I applied about a year ago. Written test wasn't that bad. I forgot how they rank you but it is not like how most tests are ranked. The oral interview is probably the hardest part in my opinion. I did not pass it nor did people I know pass it. I would like to note that these people are currently on departments right now so it's not like they didn't have the capacity to pass a oral interview. If i remember correctly right before your interview they give you a series of questions to read over in about 15 minutes or so by yourself and then you are taken to actually be interviewed where you will be required to elaborate on each question. Think you had to continously discuss each separate question for atleast 5 minutes straight or otherwise you wouldn't pass. This is what I remember. Correct me if I'm wrong if anyone else has taken it.

Comment

I heard they like those with masters degrees or law degrees

Comment

They've been known to give preference to those with higher education and/or teaching backgrounds.

Comment

I tested back in 2011. The written test is pretty much all vocabulary plus an essay. The scoring for the written test is pretty weird. It's like they score you on your reading level by grade, with 12 being a senior in high school, 16 being bachelor's degree, 18 being master's degree. I want to say I scored just under 18. I got invited to the physical test which was an absolute cakewalk. I had no problem with it at all. Then I got a letter saying I didn't advance in the hiring process. I still have no idea why. I'm currently employed as an LEO too (I wasn't at the time) so it's not like I wasn't fit for the job.

Comment

i failed the run ....twice

will reapply in the future though

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9520 users online. 420 members and 9100 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X