Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C.O.P.S Testing Service

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • C.O.P.S Testing Service

    Wow can anyone tell me if it is purposely designed so you can't finish every portion fully? I took it for the first time and just had a tough time

  • #2
    ^bellwood? Lol
    That was pretty hard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Lol i remember taking one of their test for the first time and I didn't finish either. After taking the test over and over you'll get better for different departments that use that test

      Comment


      • #4
        I took it last month and unfortunately things didn't go my way during the written and it just left me feeling angry. It's not like I didn't know a lot of the answers, I just needed a little more time on each section to answer and I would have done great. Now I'm getting angry thinking about how little time you are given for each section. Getting more angry. I better step away for a minute or two now.

        Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
        Wow can anyone tell me if it is purposely designed so you can't finish every portion fully? I took it for the first time and just had a tough time
        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

        Comment


        • #5
          On the flip side like others have said, if you end up taking it several times, you'll start to memorize a lot of the questions and answers and because you remember them you'll be able to speed through it.

          Not something I'm willing to invest at this time, I have a few different companies that I love and will stick to departments that offer them. Unless there's a department I really really want that uses COPS, but I will be in a ****ed off mood when I walk in there for the written if that happens.
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

          Comment


          • #6
            It was so dumb. I had trouble with the face recognition part and the map was like barely eligible

            Comment


            • #7
              lol..I was getting angry today too. Seems impossible at first. I finished the last 5 sections on time after feeling the pace. You really have to fly through the test.

              Comment


              • #8
                Did anyone find the damn hospital in that map. I swear it wasn't there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  A lot of those sections are completely pointless, you're asking questions on history that would be better suited for a high school student because he just recently brushed up on history. A lot of that material some of us haven't studied in years or since we left high school.

                  And if you want to make it that odd of a test with strange sections that have nothing to do with LE, I suggest giving applicants the option of purchasing a study guide specifically for that test.

                  The class they offer in Schaumburg is not the same as if we actually were able to have a study guide to prepare somewhat. Irritated now.

                  Well on the bright side, I know I passed the suburban PD written exam that I took this morning by one of my favorite companies so that's something to about!
                  "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    topflight where were you seated?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      By the door. You?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I was way up front by where they were all speaking. That test frickin sucked though. Judging by the ''winners'' in that room I'm not sure many are gonna be passing

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lol who knows..I saw two suit guys. A few neck tattoos. A couple guys looked squared away.
                          They said they might be hiring..not a good sign but that could change at a moments notice.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                            On the flip side like others have said, if you end up taking it several times, you'll start to memorize a lot of the questions and answers and because you remember them you'll be able to speed through it.

                            Not something I'm willing to invest at this time, I have a few different companies that I love and will stick to departments that offer them. Unless there's a department I really really want that uses COPS, but I will be in a ****ed off mood when I walk in there for the written if that happens.
                            My friend ONLY did cops tests for about 1.5 years, went to study sessions and ended up getting in the upper 90s on every test. After that he was in the academy in about 6 mos

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by topflight View Post
                              Lol who knows..I saw two suit guys. A few neck tattoos. A couple guys looked squared away.
                              They said they might be hiring..not a good sign but that could change at a moments notice.
                              The guy with the teardrop tattoos took the cake

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6605 users online. 259 members and 6346 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X