300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Failureisnotanoption View Post
    excuse my ignorance if any, but would you happen to know the criteria used in order to be considered as a/the "best" applicant .
    Here's what I think he means. Let's say that you have 200 qualified applicants at the end. Obviously every single one is gonna be different. Let's just say that only half have a squeaky clean records. So that's 100 to choose from. Now let's say only half of that have more than their 60 hours of college credit I.e. 4 year degree etc. so that would be 50. They would choose from there. Not saying that's what they do but I think that's what he meant.

Comment

• thanks everybody but i just got off the phone with him he had called me to set up a date for tomorrow at 10:30 downtown.

Comment

• For all those waiting. Here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. Police agencies take years in Illinois to hire. We are one of the most bureaucratic states, and slow moving. Mostly due to fear of litigation.

2. Cook County is short, somewhere between 550-825 correctional officers. A lot is due to retirement, but a lot more is due to guys leaving. They leave for sworn positions in the suburbs, Chicago, Feds, and out-of-state. Some just quit. But Cook County has high turnover, period.

3. Keeping #1 in mind, the process for me personally took 150 days exactly, from written exam to Polygraph, which is pretty exceptional. Stay patient.

4. Human Resources will contact you for a final interview when they know an academy class is being scheduled and they have spots open. They won't contact you before, ever. You'll know if you failed the polygraph within 1-2 weeks of taking it, because you'll be contacted by then. Don't freak out if it's been a month here or there. They'll contact you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frekinrican5 View Post
          Here's what I think he means. Let's say that you have 200 qualified applicants at the end. Obviously every single one is gonna be different. Let's just say that only half have a squeaky clean records. So that's 100 to choose from. Now let's say only half of that have more than their 60 hours of college credit I.e. 4 year degree etc. so that would be 50. They would choose from there. Not saying that's what they do but I think that's what he meant.
          This is exactly what I was trying to say, if I was a police agency I would try and prioritize clean records and education for an Academy class instead of just picking randomly. Eventually everyone would get in, but the better applicants would be prioritized. For something as big as cook county I would take my time and let the final applicants build up over the course of a year. But who knows, maybe they do just pick randomly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steelydan View Post
            For all those waiting. Here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. Police agencies take years in Illinois to hire. We are one of the most bureaucratic states, and slow moving. Mostly due to fear of litigation.

2. Cook County is short, somewhere between 550-825 correctional officers. A lot is due to retirement, but a lot more is due to guys leaving. They leave for sworn positions in the suburbs, Chicago, Feds, and out-of-state. Some just quit. But Cook County has high turnover, period.

3. Keeping #1 in mind, the process for me personally took 150 days exactly, from written exam to Polygraph, which is pretty exceptional. Stay patient.

4. Human Resources will contact you for a final interview when they know an academy class is being scheduled and they have spots open. They won't contact you before, ever. You'll know if you failed the polygraph within 1-2 weeks of taking it, because you'll be contacted by then. Don't freak out if it's been a month here or there. They'll contact you.
            4 mos from poly this Saturday...
            Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• CPD2010, as the previous poster stated: no academy slot, no final interview. It's that simple. They are still on 2013 testers, once 2014ers start running through the system then people like you and I can start wondering why we haven't been called yet.

Comment

• Yep 2013 here anxiously waiting for O call.

Comment

• So if they have all of 2013 to go through, 2014 testers shouldn't get their hopes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
                    So if they have all of 2013 to go through, 2014 testers shouldn't get their hopes up.
                    But who knows how many they have left

Comment

• Originally posted by jay-m View Post
                      But who knows how many they have left
                      You met your BI on Jan 26th and you still haven't received certification??

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
                        You met your BI on Jan 26th and you still haven't received certification??

No I got certified 2 weeks after I met with him. I have my poly in about a week

Comment

• Originally posted by jay-m View Post
                          No I got certified 2 weeks after I met with him. I have my poly in about a week
                          Well hopefully we are on the same pace and I hear something soon regarding certification. I met with my BI on Feb 10th

Comment

• abcdefghijklmnop
                            Last edited by Phillips1847; 11-09-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Certified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
                                Certified.
                                How long did you have to wait??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8831 users online. 252 members and 8579 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X