Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting depressed reading that there are people here from 2013/2012 still waiting. Have known 3 people so far that have been hired from written to academy in approximately 1 year. Also one that went straight from CCDOC academy to CPD academy. Hope they start calling us soon.
    Last edited by ChiCago1234; 02-18-2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• It is discouraging. Been applying for 4 years now to numerous departments. "Patience is a virtue" is extremely played out. Graduated from a great university. Now stuck with student loans. What's worse is knowing each year that goes by, you lose a year of serving your community. I apologize in advance for the rant lol

Comment

• My B.I. just called yahoo. My packet drop off was november 25.

Comment

• Originally posted by csi miami View Post
          My B.I. just called yahoo. My packet drop off was november 25.
          Met with mine a week ago. Also dropped my packet off on Nov 19th so we have pretty close to the same timeline. Wish you luck! Hopefully we will be going to the academy together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
            Met with mine a week ago. Also dropped my packet off on Nov 19th so we have pretty close to the same timeline. Wish you luck! Hopefully we will be going to the academy together.
            Thank u showtime. Yes we do, we also have the same B.I.

Comment

• Originally posted by csi miami View Post
              Thank u showtime. Yes we do, we also have the same B.I.
              He's a cool guy, pretty lean back. Just make sure that your references pick up their phones. He calls everyone that you listed.

Comment

I met with mine about 3 weeks ago got certified about a week ago still waiting on my poly email. Nothing yet :/

Comment

• Originally posted by jay-m View Post
                  I met with mine about 3 weeks ago got certified about a week ago still waiting on my poly email. Nothing yet :/
                  Only took two weeks to get certified?? Hopefully I hear something next week then. Would be the same time frame. I'll meet you at 26th for the poly. Lol

Comment

• I didn't get the Email saying I passed but I called for the hell of it. I passed he said I should expect a power test email soon. It's a good feeling!

Edit- I just got the email. March 8th for physical and sbsa-Leo test at 10:30 am
                    Last edited by Frekinrican5; 02-19-2015, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Only took two weeks to get certified?? Hopefully I hear something next week then. Would be the same time frame. I'll meet you at 26th for the poly. Lol

Yea only 2 weeks just got the email for the poly Its in about 3 weeks... hopefully they get these classes going already so we can finish this process up.

Comment

• J
                        Originally posted by jay-m View Post
                        Yea only 2 weeks just got the email for the poly Its in about 3 weeks... hopefully they get these classes going already so we can finish this process up.
                        Hell yea dude. Seems like everyone is freaking out over old testers and whatnot but everyone on here that has been updating us on their processes is on pace.

The sample of people testing AND on this forum is too small to get discouraged. Good luck on that poly and let's get it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by childhoodream View Post
                          It is discouraging. Been applying for 4 years now to numerous departments. "Patience is a virtue" is extremely played out. Graduated from a great university. Now stuck with student loans. What's worse is knowing each year that goes by, you lose a year of serving your community. I apologize in advance for the rant lol
                          Your problem is confining yourself to IL, which in all honesty is a TERRIBLE state to be looking for this line of work in. Small fish/Enormous pond competing against an even more enormous school of small fish.

I've lost count of the amount of great guys I know that have tried for ages to land work here, to only give up after a few years, test out of state and be in an academy or OTJ within months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie View Post
                            Your problem is confining yourself to IL, which in all honesty is a TERRIBLE state to be looking for this line of work in. Small fish/Enormous pond competing against an even more enormous school of small fish.

I've lost count of the amount of great guys I know that have tried for ages to land work here, to only give up after a few years, test out of state and be in an academy or OTJ within months.
                            I agree a little bit with you on that, but any law enforcement job we apply to there's always going to be a lot of applicants testing. The problem is there's not a enough good paying jobs out there and we have people that don't have a passion for law enforcement applying just because it's a good career. I believe a third of the applicants out there never wanted to be a police officer their whole life (like me) and that makes it a lot harder. Everyone just stay positive keep working out keep your nose clean, and are chances to serve will come.

Comment

• Hey just a tip for anyone who is going to cut it close on the PAT run. When doing your run, they do NOT give you updates on your time when you're running around the track and there's no easily visible clock. If you need a timer to help you track your progress, bring a watch with a stop watch on it.

Comment

• There is a digital clock on the right hand side above the doors of the gym that you run in.... I used the time as a rough estimate of how much time I had left and it worked fine for me.... That is, if u don't have a watch

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16158 users online. 438 members and 15720 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X