Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang no word since Sept. 28th? I'm worried because I've had a trip planned for 6 months that's in November and I just don't want the background turn in date to end up smack dab in the middle of it. Then again if I have to wait another 2 weeks for results I won't be turning in the packet until well after that I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
      Also, my professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago told me that for 2015, there's going to be 9 classes of about 30-50 recruits. He also stated that the department is hiring on a mass scale. He also gave me details on the academy, very juicy information. My professor worked 20 years+ with the CCSO. He also teaches a portion of the academic part at the academy. If you guys have any questions or concerns relay those to me and I'll be more than happy to ask him.
      What class do you have him for? I graduated from UIC with a CLJ degree a couple years back, curious if I've ever had him teach me.

Comment

Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
        What class do you have him for? I graduated from UIC with a CLJ degree a couple years back, curious if I've ever had him teach me.
        Professor Hovey, he teaches CLJ350.

Comment

Can he give a rough estimate for those of us who just completed our physical ability and SBSA exam this past Sunday, approximately how long would it take before we get the O call and start the academy should we pass every step? I know it would be just an estimate on his part if he can even offer any insight to that. Thanks for any help!

My professor worked 20 years+ with the CCSO. He also teaches a portion of the academic part at the academy. If you guys have any questions or concerns relay those to me and I'll be more than happy to ask him.
          Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 10-15-2014, 01:44 PM.
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
            Can he give a rough estimate for those of us who just completed our physical ability and SBSA exam this past Sunday, approximately how long would it take before we get the O call and start the academy should we pass every step? I know it would be a guesstimate on his part if we can even offer any insight to that. Thanks for any help!
            I'm a 2014 applicant. This so far my timeline.

6/12/14 apply
            7/17/14 written exam
            8/17/14 power exam/sbsa exam
            9/12/14 background package/drug test
            9/18/14 Interview BI
            ??/??/?? Cert letter
            ??/??/?? Polygraph
            ??/??/?? FI
            ??/??/?? O

Also there already someone in this thread that got the cert letter last week. And few others like me waiting on cert letter and other waiting BI interview. The process kind slow down.
            Last edited by aliera; 10-15-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aliera View Post
              I'm a 2014 applicant. This so far my timeline.

6/12/14 apply
              7/17/14 written exam
              8/17/14 power exam/sbsa exam
              9/12/14 background package/drug test
              9/18/14 meet w/BI
              ??/??/?? Cert letter
              ??/??/?? Polygraph
              ??/??/?? FI
              ??/??/?? O

Also there already someone in this thread that got the cert letter last week. And few others like me waiting on cert letter and other waiting BI interview. The process kind slow down.
              Thanks! Can you or someone else just briefly explain what the FI and O call is? I just know from reading the CCSD thread it's the final 2 steps in the hiring process.
              "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

FI(final interview):during my BI interview I ask my BI what's officially FI. BI explain to me it's questions. For example: your working in jail. Your supervisor gives you some order to do. "Go up the 4th floor and check if the inmates are ok". As you arrive, you see 5 inmates physically fighting. You are alone in the 4th floor. "What should you do"?

I responded to my BI during my interview this," radio your location,brief description to others co's". BI told me "great job".

O call(orientation): your officially hire. And will give further instructions regarding academy supplies etc.

Comment

Thanks @aliera! Good luck to you, they did tell me on Sunday during my SBSA exam that they do need officers so they want everyone to pass every step, and they even said if you end up failing a step and getting DQ'd, they hope you will reapply and try again because they do need people.

Comment

Professor Hovey, he teaches CLJ350.
                    Is that Corrections in Society? I had a professor who also worked at ILDOC for that class. She worked with parolees and managed parole officers. Nice lady.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                      Can he give a rough estimate for those of us who just completed our physical ability and SBSA exam this past Sunday, approximately how long would it take before we get the O call and start the academy should we pass every step? I know it would be just an estimate on his part if he can even offer any insight to that. Thanks for any help!
                      The professor said the entire process takes about a year to complete. It's different for everyone. Roughly, he estimates maybe around 2 weeks notice from O call to the academy. Again, it's different for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
                        Is that Corrections in Society? I had a professor who also worked at ILDOC for that class. She worked with parolees and managed parole officers. Nice lady.
                        No, it's courts in society.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                          Here is my timeline which seems to be more realistic then the very few people that met with their BI only 5 days after the packet drop off. I would probably expect a slower movement on steps now since for whatever reason things have slowed down to a crawl.

6/11/2014 - Applied

7/23/2014 - Written Test (notified of date 7/4/2014) (Received pass email (8/4)

8/24/2014 - POWER Test and SBSA-LEO Exam (Notified of Passing Both 9/4/14)

9/22/2014 - Background Packet Drop Off, Finger Printing, and Drug Test COMPLETED. (Still waiting to hear from a BI).

Comment

• WOW! At 14:32hrs today I just received an email from the CCSO and HR saying for me to continue in the hiring process to become a CO I am scheduled to appear in about 2 weeks at 69 W. Washington before the MB and have to turned in my completed PHQ, along with copies of my DL, ID, FOID, SSN card, vehicle insurance, card along with the actual cards themselves, and employment verification letters from the HR dept of my previous employers among other documents and forms.

It doesn't say that I officially passed my SBSA exam, does this email mean that I passed the SBSA since they already scheduled me for turning in my PHQ, notarized and signed forms, and various ID's and other personal documents and to meet with the MB directly?

If so yay me, but now I have 2 weeks and a **** load of forms and documents need to be completed.

The employment verification form says something about pay information beginning on January 9, 2004. Is that the date they want employment verification letters from your previous employers to go back to? Or do they need employment verification letters from every single employer you had since you were 18? Are the other methods for obtaining proof of previous employment if you can't get the HR dept to submit the verification letter difficult to obtain? Sorry for all the questions this is my first time applying to Cook County Sherrif's department I'm used to CPD once back in 06/07 so I forgot just how strict they are during this phase of the hiring process. All help is appreciated!

I'm going to copy and paste this on the 2009 CCSD thread for more exposure if that's all right. Just trying to get the most help I possibly can. Thank you all in advance!

Comment

• since everyone else is posting timeline...

06/04/14 applied and got an email receipt upon payment
                              07/17/14 took written test (notified 06/28/14, rec'd pass email 7/22/14)
                              08/17/14 took SBSA and power test (rec'd passed email 8/21/14)
                              09/11/14 met with BI/dropped of packet/drug test/finger print (he called my references same day)
                              10/08/14 BI called me to verify info (employment clarification, re-submitting paperwork)
                              10/10/14 BI called me to ask me another question paperwork was already submitted)

and i wait........

Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                              Here is my timeline which seems to be more realistic then the very few people that met with their BI only 5 days after the packet drop off. I would probably expect a slower movement on steps now since for whatever reason things have slowed down to a crawl.

6/11/2014 - Applied

7/23/2014 - Written Test (notified of date 7/4/2014) (Received pass email (8/4)

8/24/2014 - POWER Test and SBSA-LEO Exam (Notified of Passing Both 9/4/14)

9/22/2014 - Background Packet Drop Off, Finger Printing, and Drug Test COMPLETED. (Still waiting to hear from a BI).
                              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                                since everyone else is posting timeline...

06/04/14 applied and got an email receipt upon payment
                                07/17/14 took written test (notified 06/28/14, rec'd pass email 7/22/14)
                                08/17/14 took SBSA and power test (rec'd passed email 8/21/14)
                                09/11/14 met with BI/dropped of packet/drug test/finger print (he called my references same day)
                                10/08/14 BI called me to verify info (employment clarification, re-submitting paperwork)
                                10/10/14 BI called me to ask me another question paperwork was already submitted)

and i wait........
                                10/10/14 same happen to me. BI called me to verify one question.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10757 users online. 495 members and 10262 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X