Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Cook County Sheriffs

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How is it false information coming from the Gannon himself? You know so much more because you work for human resources, right? Didn't think so, carry on, kid.

    Comment


    • He was speaking on one of your previous posts and how he's taking what you're saying with a grain of salt.

      Comment


      • My meeting went well. Was in there for 30 minutes tops. Had a minor transgression I was able to explain myself for (no excuses, just told them I was responsible and I've learned from my actions). My investigator said it was barely a scratch and that if they denied everyone for something like that no one would be working there lol.

        Gave a me a 3-4 week timeframe for certification if I'm cleared, and 2-3 months after for getting hired. He said that was of course a guess and that after this step everything is handled by personnel. Explained poly and FI were last steps. Basically everything covered in this thread.

        Finally he said they were mandated to hire over 600 and aren't even close that so they're gonna keep hiring. Slowly but surely.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
          My meeting went well. Was in there for 30 minutes tops. Had a minor transgression I was able to explain myself for (no excuses, just told them I was responsible and I've learned from my actions). My investigator said it was barely a scratch and that if they denied everyone for something like that no one would be working there lol.

          Gave a me a 3-4 week timeframe for certification if I'm cleared, and 2-3 months after for getting hired. He said that was of course a guess and that after this step everything is handled by personnel. Explained poly and FI were last steps. Basically everything covered in this thread.

          Finally he said they were mandated to hire over 600 and aren't even close that so they're gonna keep hiring. Slowly but surely.
          Who was your BI?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
            These guys have no clue. My interview was scheduled 0800 and it took 29 minutes because of my clean history. He said 6 weeks for certification.
            When I met with my bi it took about an hour clean background not to many employers we mainly talked about our military history. He told me 2-3 weeks till certified and it took 2 weeks one day

            Comment


            • As far as how many they need I doubt any of the bi have a clue because every ones is saying something mine told me they already filled 400 of those spots but they need to hire about 200 more to fill the spots they lost due to quitters fired retired and transfers

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MidwestVet View Post
                Hey everyone, just wanted to share my updates thus far:

                Applied: 11/30/14
                Notice to take written: 1/12/15
                Written test: 1/31/15
                Email, passed written & fitness test: 2/5/15
                Fitness test & SBSA: 2/22/15

                I feel like this is all going lightning fast compared to other experiences I've read.
                it starts off quick but then slows down right after you turn in your packet I waited about 2 months for it to hear back from my investigator

                Comment


                • My BI said don't mess up and you will get hired. It's a waiting game so we just gotta hope for the best.

                  Comment


                  • Showtime I sent you a PM

                    Comment


                    • It's all BS. When I tested in July 2014 the sheriffs that were there administering the test said that they were looking to hire 700 people. Since July 2014 I believe that there were only TWO academy classes, September 1st and November 3rd. There may have been one before Sept., but if so it was only one. So if a class has 50-55 people that means only about 100 people have been hired in about 8 months. A far cry from 700.

                      Comment


                      • Like people said before human resources knows how much they want to hire and who they're going to hire.

                        Comment


                        • How does the merit board determine if you get certified or not?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
                            How does the merit board determine if you get certified or not?
                            I don't know that, but a friend of mine who works for CCSD said there's literally a board who goes through to approve or not approve applications. It's there for the purpose of combating nepotism by making hiring an independent process from the department. At one time, the department was basically in shambles because there was no continuity. One sheriff would replace another and nearly every employee would be replaced.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
                              My BI said don't mess up and you will get hired. It's a waiting game so we just gotta hope for the best.


                              Mine told me the same just the waiting sucks

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MidwestVet View Post
                                I don't know that, but a friend of mine who works for CCSD said there's literally a board who goes through to approve or not approve applications. It's there for the purpose of combating nepotism by making hiring an independent process from the department. At one time, the department was basically in shambles because there was no continuity. One sheriff would replace another and nearly every employee would be replaced.
                                So the initial background check is basically done? The board just looks over it and then decides.
                                Is that correct?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8762 users online. 365 members and 8397 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X