300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wccmikey View Post
    Since the weather sucks is there a chance my fitness test gets canceled Wednesday
    Probably not, the fitness test is inside.

Comment

• Failed the run at 18 mins or so .Bummed not gonna lie I thought I had passed .I guess they are not kidding when they say don't stop.Its deflating getting to that point now back to square one .I guess the only bright side I did run more then I ever have lol :-/

Comment

• Ok, so you failed the run. Keep the running up and apply again today. By the time you have the next physical test you'll destroy it, don't get down on yourself man.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
          have you tried something that walgreens/walmart sells in the pharmacy (u dont need a prescription) called bronkaid?
          http://www.bronkaid.com/en/home.php

I used this when i had to take a cpd power test and it was like 90 degrees outside.

how often do you use this? might look into something like this to help me with my mild asthma, and hope it helps me out with my running.

Comment

Failed the run at 18 mins or so .Bummed not gonna lie I thought I had passed .I guess they are not kidding when they say don't stop.Its deflating getting to that point now back to square one .I guess the only bright side I did run more then I ever have lol :-/
            keep it going bro, train and try again. i know you can do it especially if its something you want! get your cardio in pump those legs, and focus on running and breathing.

Comment

• Def will plus like I said its a lot more running then I've ever done .Ive also changed my eating habits and plan to start hitting the gym again .Gl everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by rochar7 View Post
                how often do you use this? might look into something like this to help me with my mild asthma, and hope it helps me out with my running.
                i havent used as of lately..i lost another 25 lbs so breathing got easier as im getting lighter..down to 140 and muscle! woot woot!
                but i used to use it every other day when i ran, especially in humidity or high elevation (i ran in texas over xmas break)
                Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• I barely passed by 19 secs and went to the water fountain n threw up smh.... I'm a smoker and haven't trained regularly in six months.... Coming from someone who is almost 35.... U will get far in the process in some agencies and fail and u will fail at the beginning of some... BUT. If u really want it , u will eventually succeed....

Comment

Def will plus like I said its a lot more running then I've ever done .Ive also changed my eating habits and plan to start hitting the gym again .Gl everyone
                    Don't give up !!! I'm 36y/o F and I failed it the first time. Got myself into shape and now April 4th is my first 1/2 marathon. When I started running I was dying at a half a mile. Never thought I would be running distance now. It's been life changing getting prepared for this career. Keep it up and don't give up.

Comment

• Just an FYI. People saying you failed the run and such. The standards for this County test are cake compared to the actual state Power test. CCDOC's Academy is no joke when it comes to PT and if you can't meet the standards for this overly easy test, the Academy is going to kill you. My advice, aim for beating the standards for the actual Power test during your workouts. During the Academy, they will test you on, and expect you to pass the actual state power test and not the watered down version (which I do think is BS).

Don't let it stop you. I failed my first Power test too with an agency. Use it, work on whatever your weak points are, and destroy the test next time.

Comment

• Just got an email from Investigator Gannon that he's been assigned to my file. He's asking for my schedule to set up an interview. So, here we gooooo.

Update: Got an interview set up for the 10th at 0800 hours. Anybody got any tips?
                        Last edited by Renegade757; 02-06-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Gannon's very cool. I think he's the "Green Bay Packers guy"?

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                            i havent used as of lately..i lost another 25 lbs so breathing got easier as im getting lighter..down to 140 and muscle! woot woot!
                            but i used to use it every other day when i ran, especially in humidity or high elevation (i ran in texas over xmas break)
                            cool, thanks for the adivce i purchased some and will start taking it tommorrow. i need to lose more weight but ill take any help i can get with the breathing while doing cardio. thanks again!oh and did you take pre work out and drink coffee while on this? it says to avoid caffiene.

Comment

• Investigator got back to me this morning and has set up an interview tomorrow morning Feb 10th at 0900 at the same location where we had to drop off our background packet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
                                Investigator got back to me this morning and has set up an interview tomorrow morning Feb 10th at 0900 at the same location where we had to drop off our background packet.
                                Same, just a different time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4124 users online. 182 members and 3942 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X