Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did they know about the Family members that had problems with the law? Did they look them up themselves or did they ask you about them?

Comment

Originally posted by equalsword View Post
      Hah I actually thought about that earlier today. Let's just see if I can get my cert letter first. Merit board kicked my packet back again last week. Wanted me to provide specifics about what one of my family members was charged with
      Damn that bogus I have five scumbag cousins that associate with gangs I don't associate with them at all and they've been locked up before, I don't even talk to them at family parties I even told them I wouldn't have a problem locking them up. I hope my one reference is right he's a sheriff police and told me it shouldn't be a problem just take a little longer to get hired I really hope he's right.

Comment

Edit......
        Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
          How did they know about the Family members that had problems with the law? Did they look them up themselves or did they ask you about them?
          If I remember part of the bi packet had questions about that. My pre poly questionnaire had questions about it as well. I answered no in all instances so it wasn't questioned.

Comment

Thanks guys I forgot about that. I turned in my packet on the 22nd of September and also did CPD's background packet (PHQ) so I actually forgot about that question. Luckily for me I have had no family or friends in jail so I should be good to go.

Comment

I had listed them in one of the questions. My BI said they have a new director overseeing the review of the packets so alot of things in his opinion that are trivial are being kicked back

Comment

Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                Without hesitation. Im pretty sure it is almost everyones dream job. I took my medical exam for cpd today and my poly is tomorrow and psych interview next week. Only thing after that I believe is the final power test which I won't have a problem doing because of weekends off in ILDOC academy and home interview which I'll need to figure out somehow.
                I'm going PM you regarding CPD medic,poly,interview psych

Comment

How quickly did you guys get your sbsa results back?

Comment

Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
                    How quickly did you guys get your sbsa results back?
                    I took the SBSA on the 28th of September and still waiting for the results. However, I did pass the physical assessment. I called the Merit Board yesterday and they told me that the results should be available in another week.

Also, my professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago told me that for 2015, there's going to be 9 classes of about 30-50 recruits. He also stated that the department is hiring on a mass scale. He also gave me details on the academy, very juicy information. My professor worked 20 years+ with the CCSO. He also teaches a portion of the academic part at the academy. If you guys have any questions or concerns relay those to me and I'll be more than happy to ask him.
                    Last edited by Renegade757; 10-15-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
                      I took the SBSA on the 28th of September and still waiting for the results. However, I did pass the physical assessment. I called the Merit Board yesterday and they told me that the results should be available in another week.

Also, my professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago told me that for 2015, there's going to be 9 classes of about 30-50 recruits. He also stated that the department if hiring on a mass scale. He also gave me details on the academy, very juicy information. My professor worked 20 years+ with the CCSO. He also teaches a portion of the academic part at the academy. If you guys have any questions or concerns relay those to me and I'll be more than happy to ask him.
                      Well I've been told by 2 people that work at the county that now they are doing both academies to be a CO and sheriffs police. I know it's just a rumor but that would be cool.

Comment

Wow that's a long wait, I guess it really is different for everyone. I just called the MB to ask if they had results on my SBSA exam from this Sunday, nothing yet.

Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post

Also, my professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago told me that for 2015, there's going to be 9 classes of about 30-50 recruits. He also stated that the department is hiring on a mass scale. He also gave me details on the academy, very juicy information. My professor worked 20 years+ with the CCSO. He also teaches a portion of the academic part at the academy. If you guys have any questions or concerns relay those to me and I'll be more than happy to ask him.
                        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by je_23 View Post
                          Well I've been told by 2 people that work at the county that now they are doing both academies to be a CO and sheriffs police. I know it's just a rumor but that would be cool.
                          I heard from a Co that they want to make next year's academy 20 to 24 weeks instead of it being 16 so that might be true and supposedly they need to have like 1,500 Co's on pay roll be the end of next year due to a federal mandate. Still waiting to here from BI been a month now since I turned in packet.

Comment

It's interesting how everything has come to a screeching halt. People like me are waiting to hear from their BI after almost a month since packet drop off, but it seems like people have been waiting longer then usual for results on initial writtens and SBSA-LEO results. Let's hope things start to heat up again.

Comment

It's interesting how everything has come to a screeching halt. People like me are waiting to hear from their BI after almost a month since packet drop off, but it seems like people have been waiting longer then usual for results on initial writtens and SBSA-LEO results. Let's hope things start to heat up again.
                              I know how you feel man!!!! We should be the next group to get called I hope and I think everything slowed down due to the volume of candidates. I'm praying i get called soon i just want to live my dream and be one step closer to being a police officer.

Comment

I've noticed that email notifications from the board come usually on Mondays around 10:30am. So, if you guys don't hear anything, call them Monday afternoon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11479 users online. 409 members and 11070 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X