Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wore a suit and tie to my home interview with CPD and the FIRST thing that came out of my BI's mouth is "wow, dressed nice and professional." Again, TRUST me, that goes a long way.

Comment

• Edit......
      Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• 2014 Cook County Sheriffs

First time poster, long time lurker. Took the written in June, and had my poly 21 November. Very similar time lines to most of the current 2014 applicants as well.

When I went to meet with my BI I also went with a conservative suit and my BI said, "your background looks good, and you look good, that's important," so it is very important to dress for success.
        Last edited by TC3211; 12-15-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Nice C_Daniels, I turned my packet in a couple days after you, still waiting for BI to call lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TC3211 View Post
            First time poster, long time lurker. Took the written in June, and had my poly 21 November. Very similar time lines to most of the current 2014 applicants as well.

When I went to meet with my BI I also went with a conservative suit and my BI said, "your background looks good, and you look good, that's important," so it is very important to dress for success.
            When did you drop off your background packet again? I dropped mine off on Nov 19th and I am still waiting to meet with the BI hopefully soon before Christmas gets here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
              When did you drop off your background packet again? I dropped mine off on Nov 19th and I am still waiting to meet with the BI hopefully soon before Christmas gets here.
              You might still have a while, I dropped mine off in the middle of October and still waiting lol. I'm hoping this week I get a call...

Comment

• My drop off date was September 8th.

Comment

• How long after getting certified did people wait to receive email for poly

Comment

• 5 days between cert and poly email.

Comment

• Cook County Correctional Officer Process

6/11/2014 - Applied
                      7/23/2014 - Written Test (notified of date 7/4/2014) (Received pass email (8/4)
                      8/24/2014 - POWER Test and SBSA-LEO Exam (Notified of Passing Both 9/4/14)
                      9/22/2014 - Background Packet Drop Off, Finger Printing, and Drug Test COMPLETED
                      10/22/2014 - Meeting/Interview with Background Investigator (BI Turned Packet in 10/24/2014)
                      11/19/2014 - Received Certification
                      12/11/2014 - Polygraph Completed

Comment

• So I should be getting my notice soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmbears23 View Post
                          How long after getting certified did people wait to receive email for poly
                          1 day for me. Freking weird but yeah. Was certify 10/30 and got a email 10/31 schedule for my poly

Comment

• Originally posted by jk25sept11 View Post
                            Lmao calm down dude !
                            People are losing their minds in this process. Was I dq'ed? Did they like my suit? How long have you been waiting now?

I know guys who have waited 18 months to get this job and everyone here is freaking out over what someone wears to a polygraph test. Unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
                              People are losing their minds in this process. Was I dq'ed? Did they like my suit? How long have you been waiting now?

I know guys who have waited 18 months to get this job and everyone here is freaking out over what someone wears to a polygraph test. Unreal.
                              I don't know about the rest, but guys like powerhouse and I, with months left before certification expiration without any sign of movement most certainly have every reason to be on edge. Lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post

For real !!!! Reading some of these posts make me laugh. If what someone says about what they wore to a poly irks you then you better get used to it at the county or CPD. Inmates or civilians = PITA. Take it all with a grain of salt. HATE KNOW IT ALLS ALSO !!! You have no clue whats going on at the county. Fall in line like the rest of us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5368 users online. 271 members and 5097 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X