300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit......
    Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Question to those that have already turned in the background packet....

How well did you know the neighbors you put down as references? I'd like to think that the employment/personal references go a bit longer of a way as far as validity. The reason I ask is because I live in an apartment building with a lot of units and people move out pretty much every year. Most of the tenants have just moved in recently and while I've exchanged words and light pleasantries I don't know if they would want anyone calling them (nor would they even have anything to say since they don't know me too well).

I guess my question is what is the definition of "neighbor"? I've moved around a few times but always in the same area so I have some old neighbors I knew and still talk to that are more familiar with me. However, they don't live in the building or directly next to me, just in the local neighborhood within a mile or so. Think that would be ok?

Comment

My actual neighbors do not know me at all so instead I listed people who know me well. Your BI will call them and ask them to provide a detailed explanation of how long they have known you and what are you about. It would probably be better if you list people who know you well.

Comment

I had the same issue. We exchange pleasantries but there is a language barrier (speak Spanish) and I told me BI this. I do talk to a few and have used them for CPD app so I've gotten familiar with some. Although he called the neighbors on my block he said as long as the neighbors vouch of your residence and they kind of know you no big deal. My BI didnt seem too concerned with that though....

I think it's to see if you can walk up to a stranger and ask them for something. That's harder than getting people you know. He told me they have to be on the same block, not different apartments. "Current neighbors"
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

Edit......
            Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

They just receive calls

Comment

@equalsword, congrats receiving the call for ILDOC. What's going happen with CCDOC process?

Still....waiting on my cert letter......

Comment

ditto.

Originally posted by aliera View Post
                  @equalsword, congrats receiving the call for ILDOC. What's going happen with CCDOC process?

Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

Originally posted by aliera View Post

Well we are all in a waiting game here so right now I'm gonna have to go with ILDOC since the academy is in about 3 weeks. I Will still continue the process with all of the departments or agencies that I applied to as much as I can because you never know what can happen but at this point my next two likely options are cpd or department of Homeland security

Comment

Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                      Well we are all in a waiting game here so right now I'm gonna have to go with ILDOC since the academy is in about 3 weeks. I Will still continue the process with all of the departments or agencies that I applied to as much as I can because you never know what can happen but at this point my next two likely options are cpd or department of Homeland security
                      Good job. And good luck in the academy.

Comment

Edit......
                        Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Without hesitation. Im pretty sure it is almost everyones dream job. I took my medical exam for cpd today and my poly is tomorrow and psych interview next week. Only thing after that I believe is the final power test which I won't have a problem doing because of weekends off in ILDOC academy and home interview which I'll need to figure out somehow.

Comment

Haha you might be in IDOC get O call then do that a few weeks and get cpd call. What an experience.

Comment

Hah I actually thought about that earlier today. Let's just see if I can get my cert letter first. Merit board kicked my packet back again last week. Wanted me to provide specifics about what one of my family members was charged with

Comment

Edit......
                                Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9828 users online. 472 members and 9356 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X