Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah those questions didn't have a do nothing option, but as far as the other questions, it would be random questions here and there that did have an option like that. Some questions did and others didn't. I didn't think it was too hard at all. If I had just 3 more minutes I would have been able to read and answer every question.

Hopefully leaving just the last 2 questions blank and semi guessing on one question won't hurt my score too bad. Now just have to wait.
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Edit......
      Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

The sbsa was weird but seemed easy. It's just gonna suck if each question has a specific right answer because if you miss one you're automatically getting a second question wrong as well.

Anyway one of the proctors told us how many people were in each classroom and the total was about 130. That was afternoon session. They also said the pass rate for the sbsa is 87% so I'm not sure who's right when I've been earing most people fail it. They also said those who pass the physical part generally pass the sbsa. Not ALL obviously but a good majority.

Comment

Yeah C_Daniels is right not all of them have the "do nothing" option and as someone said earlier I was referring to "do nothing" option as choices like "laugh at your partner" or "wait until your partner has a nervous breakdown" etc.

I got my email about 5 days later saying that I passed and the email also contained detailed information on what to do for the background package and when to turn it in.

@somechicagodude missing the last two questions kind of sucks... That's basically 8 wrong right there assuming they are going with the 120 point schema. That's a lot because basically lets just say you got every question correct, you would be at 112/120, which is a 93%. If you go down 19% that is a 74% and you fail. 74% is 89/120, so if you got 23 more questions wrong thats a fail, but I do remember the guy right before the test saying that passing was 70%, maybe they were saying 75% so you guys can try harder, idk.

Comment

Thanks! I hate that 150 message limit haha! I'll have to copy and save my entire inbox/sent messages to my computer so I can delete everything. Did you get to answer all 30 questions?

And by chance do you also have a forward to the future remote control where you can fast forward today, to whatever day I will receive the email notifying me of my SBSA results?!? I was told you just push the forward button, and voila, the day and second I receive my notification is here!

Originally posted by C_Daniels View Post
            Definitely. There were "do nothing" options but not for every question. So someone reading this who hasn't taken it shouldn't go in expecting it to be that way. I remember a couple questions that had four poor options. You had to pick the best of the worst. It's a crapshoot.

Good luck. I tried to send you a PM earlier in the week on what to expect and wishing you luck but your inbox was full. Get that fixed
            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Are there Saturday physical I'm just trying to figure out at the end of the application period how many potential applicants there will be.
              I'm still waiting to hear from B.I. turned in packet 9/15.

Comment

Edit......
                Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:55 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmbears23 View Post
                  Are there Saturday physical I'm just trying to figure out at the end of the application period how many potential applicants there will be.
                  I'm still waiting to hear from B.I. turned in packet 9/15.
                  JM, I am in the same boat as you. I turned in my packet exactly one week after you on September 22 and I am still waiting. It's weird because there are a few guys here the Turned their packets in the week you did and they have already met with the BI and been certified already or are just waiting for their letters. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm praying that we hear something this coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                    JM, I am in the same boat as you. I turned in my packet exactly one week after you on September 22 and I am still waiting. It's weird because there are a few guys here the Turned their packets in the week you did and they have already met with the BI and been certified already or are just waiting for their letters. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm praying that we hear something this coming week.
                    Yeah I now it's crazy I talked to a sheriff I know and he said it's nothing to worry about, that not every b.i. goes as fast through the applicants.

Comment

I thought you get certified after you take the second physical? Or is the second physical after the cert letter? Either way it doesn't matter because thats roughly another 2 months to add to the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                        I thought you get certified after you take the second physical? Or is the second physical after the cert letter? Either way it doesn't matter because thats roughly another 2 months to add to the process.
                        Written, physical, background packet, merit board cert, physical, poly, fi, Big O

Comment

^ Yep. And since they cut out the psyche us 2014 guys have the initial written, power tests and SBSA-LEO, Packet drop off, BI meeting, then certification.

I love that Bman.... The Big O. LOL

Comment

^ Yep. And since they cut out the psyche us 2014 guys have the initial written, power tests and SBSA-LEO, Packet drop off, BI meeting, then certification.

I love that Bman.... The Big O. LOL
                            Let's hope this week we both get a call

Comment

Edit......
                              Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C_Daniels View Post
                                I'm going in to hand in my packet soon, can anyone tell me how long that takes? I want to know if I should take a full or half day off from work.
                                2.5 hours.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9818 users online. 468 members and 9350 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X