300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
    I am VERY impatiently waiting for my certification. See my last post in the other CCCO post for more details.

I too saw a few women fail sit ups, one was very loudly and obnoxiously screaming with each sit up. I was like WTF???? I think they even passed her! My question is how is someone like that even gonna hack the academy? I would love to hear from Ambulanceboy or Mooney or someone else in the academy if there is an abundance of out of shape people in the academy?
    If you fail in the academy, it's on you. The money that is needed for the academy is out of pocket. So if someone is out of shape and they just pass them well they aren't going to remember the person that passed that particular person.

Comment

I am VERY impatiently waiting for my certification. See my last post in the other CCCO post for more details.

I too saw a few women fail sit ups, one was very loudly and obnoxiously screaming with each sit up. I was like WTF???? I think they even passed her! My question is how is someone like that even gonna hack the academy? I would love to hear from Ambulanceboy or Mooney or someone else in the academy if there is an abundance of out of shape people in the academy?

Haha!! I don't mean to laugh, wait....yes I do. That's ridiculous, but I guess there aren't any rules saying you can't scream. How do you even keep a straight face while that's going on?! =)
      Sorry, I saw your timeline after I asked. Good luck, I hope you hear something soon!

Comment

• 2014 Cook County Sheriffs

Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
        I would love to hear from Ambulanceboy or Mooney or someone else in the academy if there is an abundance of out of shape people in the academy?
        I wouldn't say abundance, but they wreck you on the PT. If you aren't used to high intensity, full body/body weight workouts it'll be tough.

My class had maybe 4 over weight guys, a few girls. Most of the class was average, and there were a few that could front lean for hours and wouldn't sweat during PT.

Out of 150ish people in 3 classes at MVCC at the time I was there, I saw some large people but it's about effort. There are a lot of large people in the jail also.

Edit: I'm 6'1" 245lbs. I'm not big but not small. 255 squat, 305 dead, 305 bench and 135ish press.

I thought I was in great shape but after the PT and front leans I was absolutely wrecked.
        Last edited by Bman4130; 11-17-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• its shocking how many people dont pass. i remember countless times females say to me man i dont think i can pass i drank last night or i didnt think it was hard or simply didnt train. im nervous about idoc on wednesday and i am physically fit and weight train etc.
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• What happens if you don't remember all of the agencies that you have applied to? I am working on my packet and it says have you previously submitted an application for employment with the Cook County Sheriff's Office or any other city, county, state, or federal law enforcement agency? When it mentions Sheriff's Office, does that mean administrative jobs? I have applied to those in the past. or is this question just regarding law enforcement jobs and not the civilian side of the Sheriffs Office?

Comment

• It means law enforcement positions you've applied for. Try to remember then all but there isn't a database so if you forget one you're alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                It means law enforcement positions you've applied for. Try to remember then all but there isn't a database so if you forget one you're alright.
                So if you mark no then they wouldn't have any means of checking to see if this is valid or not. I honestly don't remember the departments because I haven't applied to many.

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
                  So if you mark no then they wouldn't have any means of checking to see if this is valid or not. I honestly don't remember the departments because I haven't applied to many.
                  I'd put as much info on the ones you have tested for as possible to cover your bases.

Comment

• What's the easiest/fastest way to get to the Merit Board from the Southside?

Comment

• Also.... What should you wear to drop off the packet? It's awfully cold outside now.

Comment

You know, the run for CCCO PT IS a bit "difficult" I guess you can say. I did a 12:47 for the CPD run, outside at 40 degrees in the rain and was fine. The CCCO run is 22 times around a PACKED gym of slow moving frickin people. It was tough, I found myself running on the outside of some of the corners just to get past people. Also I lost count where I was at, the County officer was keeping track for us, but it was unnerving not to know where I was at. I guess psychologically it seemed longer because it was 22 times around as opposed to CPD's 4 times around the academy.
                        The slow people all running together did slow down my time to like 12:15 I believe. I was not happy with that time due to so many people running together getting in my way.
                        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

• No. All I kept hearing is CC really need people.

Comment

• You did better than me I was finished in 15.54 secs.
                            Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                            The slow people all running together did slow down my time to like 12:15 I believe. I was not happy with that time due to so many people running together getting in my way.

Comment

• I took the IL PT.You will be fine if nothing changed.l
                              Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                              its shocking how many people dont pass. i remember countless times females say to me man i dont think i can pass i drank last night or i didnt think it was hard or simply didnt train. im nervous about idoc on wednesday and i am physically fit and weight train etc.

Comment

• Double post***
                                Last edited by jay-m; 11-17-2014, 10:11 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8681 users online. 222 members and 8459 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X