Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I work in that area now and it's a BRUTAL commute! That's as absolutely far as I would go to work!

Comment

• 2014 Cook County Sheriffs

^Bman has convinced me to commute up to Wisconsin! He's got some kind of good vibe persuasion going on..lol

That and the training videos for Wisconsin Department of Corrections are kinda cool. [emoji16]

Comment

• Originally posted by aliera View Post
        When are you dropping off the package ?
        The 25th, one week left to get these letters..

Comment

• On the packet where it asks about selective service, if you are over 25 years old. You don't have to put it down, correct?

Comment

• I think technically you don't. I had it handy so I just made a copy of it.

Comment

• Showtime, don't play around, include EVERYTHING. This is what I submitted and it was accepted. Type in your info and print the form out, it takes one minute.

https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                Showtime, don't play around, include EVERYTHING. This is what I submitted and it was accepted. Type in your info and print the form out, it takes one minute.

https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx
                That was quick!! Thanks! I printed mine out. Just didn't know if I needed it because on the packet it said applicable to 18-25 years old.

Comment

• Congrats and Good luck to you too! I was there yesterday, I thought the run was difficult. I was with the first group to start and thought the same about the amount of people remaining.

Comment

• You know, the run for CCCO PT IS a bit "difficult" I guess you can say. I did a 12:47 for the CPD run, outside at 40 degrees in the rain and was fine. The CCCO run is 22 times around a PACKED gym of slow moving frickin people. It was tough, I found myself running on the outside of some of the corners just to get past people. Also I lost count where I was at, the County officer was keeping track for us, but it was unnerving not to know where I was at. I guess psychologically it seemed longer because it was 22 times around as opposed to CPD's 4 times around the academy.

Comment

You know, the run for CCCO PT IS a bit "difficult" I guess you can say. I did a 12:47 for the CPD run, outside at 40 degrees in the rain and was fine. The CCCO run is 22 times around a PACKED gym of slow moving frickin people. It was tough, I found myself running on the outside of some of the corners just to get past people. Also I lost count where I was at, the County officer was keeping track for us, but it was unnerving not to know where I was at. I guess psychologically it seemed longer because it was 22 times around as opposed to CPD's 4 times around the academy.
                      I did it in 13:48. That's pretty good for me, I just started prepping for this a month ago. It def wasn't packed by any means. But yes, between checking in every lap, watching the time and going around a few people, I lost count of my laps big time! I'm just relieved it's over and we are on to the next step. I def felt awful for those that didn't make it.

Comment

• I don't even know what my time was with CCCO's POWER test, the officer never told me at the end like CPD's guy did and I never asked. When we did our PT's I believe there was 48 or 49 people to start? I know a few people failed, I have NO idea how someone couldn't finish that run in 16:52. I think I saw a couple people fail the sit ups, the officers were super lenient on sit ups just like CPD's were. Really crappy sit ups were passed off as ok, I actually think I saw worse sit ups that were ok'ed at CPD's PT. I don't know, CCCO's PT should be a regular PT. If you can't pass it the way it is you have NO business getting the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZTI2014 View Post
                          I did it in 13:48. That's pretty good for me, I just started prepping for this a month ago. It def wasn't packed by any means. But yes, between checking in every lap, watching the time and going around a few people, I lost count of my laps big time! I'm just relieved it's over and we are on to the next step. I def felt awful for those that didn't make it.
                          Those that didn't pass the agility test deserve it. It's probably one of the easiest physical tests to pass and if you can't pass this test then you won't be able to pass any other physical testing in any departments. You could be out of shape and still pass.

Comment

I don't even know what my time was with CCCO's POWER test, the officer never told me at the end like CPD's guy did and I never asked. When we did our PT's I believe there was 48 or 49 people to start? I know a few people failed, I have NO idea how someone couldn't finish that run in 16:52. I think I saw a couple people fail the sit ups, the officers were super lenient on sit ups just like CPD's were. Really crappy sit ups were passed off as ok, I actually think I saw worse sit ups that were ok'ed at CPD's PT. I don't know, CCCO's PT should be a regular PT. If you can't pass it the way it is you have NO business getting the job.
                            I agree. It wasn't the hardest test, of course I was nervous but with any sort of preparation it should've been passable. I saw so many fail the situps right away. I know there were at least 100 people expected for yesterday's test, not sure how many showed up but there were definitely NOT 100 by the time I left the run. But I guess that works out for those of us that made it.
                            I don't doubt that about CPD one bit.
                            You're certified already, right?
                            Last edited by ZTI2014; 11-17-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZTI2014 View Post
                              I agree. It wasn't the hardest test, of course I was nervous but with any sort of preparation it should've been passable. I saw so many fail the situps right away. I know there were at least 100 people expected for yesterday's test, not sure how many showed up but there were definitely NOT 100 by the time I left the run. But I guess that works out for those of us that made it.
                              I don't doubt that about CPD one bit.
                              You're certified already, right?
                              Another reason why they set the packet drop off so early in the morning because they know some people won't show up since it's early in the morning and downtown so they weed people out. This is only my opinion.

Comment

• I am VERY impatiently waiting for my certification. See my last post in the other CCCO post for more details.

I too saw a few women fail sit ups, one was very loudly and obnoxiously screaming with each sit up. I was like WTF???? I think they even passed her! My question is how is someone like that even gonna hack the academy? I would love to hear from Ambulanceboy or Mooney or someone else in the academy if there is an abundance of out of shape people in the academy?
                                Last edited by Berwynguy; 11-17-2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17533 users online. 506 members and 17027 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X