300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
    So when you drop off your packet and they call to have an interview with the BI I thought that your background was cleared? But supposedly it takes longer than that to get the certification. Once you receive that then your background is cleared?
    When the BI calls you he has already began looking and verifying your background. When I met my BI he was flipping through my packet and I saw a red "VERIFIED" stamp across my jobs (even though I provided GOOD letters he still called). He had also checked to see if I had any arrests, etc. He did not call my references until AFTER my BI meeting. Once he's all done (it only took him two days after my meeting), he sends your packet to the Merit Board where they also look through it and make the determination whether they are going to certify you. I KNOW the merit Board is looking at mine right now because I was called by my BI this past Monday morning for a quick clarification on something that the MB kicked my packet back for. It was clarified immediately and sent back to the Merit Board. I am PRAYING for a cert. letter this coming week.

Comment

• @berwynguy if things don't go well with ccdoc or cpd you should try for ILDOC. I don't believe there is a age limit with them as there are quite a few people in the academy with me that are in their late 40s nearing 50s. We even have a couple 18 year Olds lol. Additionally their medical exam consists of a simple physical conducted at the prison you are hired at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
        Being called to the academy goes strictly by certification date. Think of how many people are certified and waiting, they go first.
        2779687.jpg

Comment

• ^^ lmao!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12330[/ATTACH]
            As always you've been the outlier. You might get on faster reapplying with the 2014 group!

Comment

• Hey did you guys print out the questionnaire portrait or landscape?

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                Hey did you guys print out the questionnaire portrait or landscape?
                It printed landscape for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
                  It printed landscape for me.
                  Gotcha. I have it on auto so it started printing landscape, but I thought it was wrong. I'll go back to landscape. Thanks.

Comment

• When are you dropping off the package ?

Comment

• Well I'm not as exhausted as I thought I would be. I'm glad I'm one step further...PT really had me nervous. BTW good luck to all who made it through the physical agility test today

Comment

• Originally posted by Failureisnotanoption View Post
                        Well I'm not as exhausted as I thought I would be. I'm glad I'm one step further...PT really had me nervous. BTW good luck to all who made it through the physical agility test today
                        Congrats passing the PT. on your session was there a lot of applicants?

Comment

• Not as many as I expected and a little less during the 1.5 mile run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Failureisnotanoption View Post
                            Not as many as I expected and a little less during the 1.5 mile run.
                            The trainers did they meantion a december class?

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                              @berwynguy if things don't go well with ccdoc or cpd you should try for ILDOC. I don't believe there is a age limit with them as there are quite a few people in the academy with me that are in their late 40s nearing 50s. We even have a couple 18 year Olds lol. Additionally their medical exam consists of a simple physical conducted at the prison you are hired at.
                              equalsworld, I REALLY appreciate the support and it's cool how everyone here keeps each other positive and off the ledge!

Seriously, I probably would NOT apply to IDOC, I own a home that I would NOT want to leave as I *think* you might have to relocate to work for IDOC? I have always wanted to work for CPD or CCCO, those are the only places I will apply for. If I had been younger I would have tried for Berwyn or Cicero or even a different suburban dept. I'm old (lol) so this is the end of the line for me. It's CCCO or bust!

Comment

• If you pick stateville you could commute to Joliet!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4549 users online. 261 members and 4288 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X