300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
    Are you sure 2014 applicants are going faster through the process than years prior? Have a feeling it's gonna take over a year for the whole process but I hope not.
    yep.June 2014 apply. now I'm waiting for FI

Comment

• Originally posted by aliera View Post
      yep.June 2014 apply. now I'm waiting for FI
      Same here, I am hoping that we hear something within the next two weeks. I was told not to get my hopes up about that though.

Comment

• 2014ers. I would NOT get my hopes up about getting hired anytime before the next six months. We're also gonna need a final PT so don't forget to throw that into the mix as well. PT's are only good for 6 months, I had mine in late August, that makes mine only good until late February. I bet I don't have a prayer of getting hired that fast. Guys like Aliera, you will be on the CPD WAY before you hear anything about county I reckon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
          2014ers. I would NOT get my hopes up about getting hired anytime before the next six months. We're also gonna need a final PT so don't forget to throw that into the mix as well. PT's are only good for 6 months, I had mine in late August, that makes mine only good until late February. I bet I don't have a prayer of getting hired that fast. Guys like Aliera, you will be on the CPD WAY before you hear anything about county I reckon.
          Is the Physical test the same thing as the first one?

Comment

• Average over the past 18 months has been 18 months, written to O call. You guys have people ahead of you.

Comment

• Bman, I agree with you but I am not so sure there are "a lot" of people waiting in the "bull pen" (think base ball) as I will call it. If they did, why would County be so aggressively testing? Basically for the past 6 months they have had an open job posting. I think I did the math and of the 100 or so candidates that showed up for my initial written I think 16-18 made it to the packet drop off? How many failed the BI or WILL fail the poly or FI? I think they have to exhaust a lot of money and resources just to get a few good potential candidates. THEN add into the mix of how many of the left over good people are gonna get scooped up by Chicago or another agency while waiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                Average over the past 18 months has been 18 months, written to O call. You guys have people ahead of you.
                Gonna be a long wait.

Comment

• Bman, also think about it this way. If I get certified in the next two weeks (which I absolutely should), it only took me 4 full months (7/23-11/23) to go from written test to certified. I highly doubt before 2014 there was ANYBODY that went through the process so quick. That 18 months could easily be whittled down 10-12 months easily IF they truly need as many CCCO's as they say they do.

Comment

• 2014 Cook County Sheriffs

They DO need what they say they do. The county works slow. And every dept that works with hiring does their own stuff, their own way. No streamlining. That's why it's slow.

Being called to the academy goes strictly by certification date. Think of how many people are certified and waiting, they go first. Regardless of how fast written to cert is for anyone recently.
                    Last edited by Bman4130; 11-13-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Right, but what I am saying is it might have taken a guy a year just to get certified then he needed to wait from there. So if it took me four months to get certified my overall wait should be shorter since what took so many people so long has just been shortened. God willing.

Comment

• Yeah that would be nice. My BI time drop off to cert was shorter than normal compared to the other posters but everything else was long so it leveled out. The beginning is faster now because of the computer stuff and farming out part of the BI but I wouldn't count on anything else going quicker bc how the academy is set up now, they can't handle any more than 3 classes of 50.

Idk that for sure but it would be nuts if they did, especially during before and after PT

Comment

• Gonna be even longer with Christmas around the corner and the new year.

Comment

• I agree showtime, that's why I pray that when I get my certification in a couple of weeks I could get polygraphed before the new year. That way I go into 2015 with just an FI and possibly a final PT. That would be great.

Comment

I agree showtime, that's why I pray that when I get my certification in a couple of weeks I could get polygraphed before the new year. That way I go into 2015 with just an FI and possibly a final PT. That would be great.
                              So when you drop off your packet and they call to have an interview with the BI I thought that your background was cleared? But supposedly it takes longer than that to get the certification. Once you receive that then your background is cleared?

Comment

I agree showtime, that's why I pray that when I get my certification in a couple of weeks I could get polygraphed before the new year. That way I go into 2015 with just an FI and possibly a final PT. That would be great.
                                When I dropped off my packet on Thursday, the investigator told me there is no final PT. There's only getting certified, poly, FI, O call.
                                Last edited by Renegade757; 11-15-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3714 users online. 203 members and 3511 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X