300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
    Just to double check, I already own a Glock 19 that I plan to use as a duty weapon for either CPD or County or wherever I am required to purchase my own firearm.

I was told by a few individuals that Cook County will require you to buy a brand new firearm with the receipt for proof of recent purchase, can anyone confirm if this is true? If so and all goes good here, I will end up with two perfect condition Glock 19's. Oh well if it is true.

They'll make you buy a brand new one in the academy. And they want receipts to prove it.

Comment

Just to double check, I already own a Glock 19 that I plan to use as a duty weapon for either CPD or County or wherever I am required to purchase my own firearm.

I was told by a few individuals that Cook County will require you to buy a brand new firearm with the receipt for proof of recent purchase, can anyone confirm if this is true? If so and all goes good here, I will end up with two perfect condition Glock 19's. Oh well if it is true.
      Smith & Wesson M&P 9 PRO for my duty weapon.

Comment

• It's glock 19 or 17 sig 226 or 229 9mm that's it

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
          It's glock 19 or 17 sig 226 or 229 9mm that's it
          I was expecting SW and SA to have been included in the list. In that case, I would choose the P226.

Comment

• Yeah the Sigs have to be DAK also which stands for worst dao trigger ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
              Smith & Wesson M&P 9 PRO for my duty weapon.
              I carry a Smith & Wesson MP Shield 9mm for concealed carry, have it on my back right now, it's perfect for concealed carry.

Is your S&W PRO a compact?

Thanks for the insight gents, I'm going to end up with two Glock 19's with trijicon night sights. But at least the LEO discount will take effect for that second Glock.
              "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Yeah the Sigs have to be DAK also which stands for worst dao trigger ever
                Unbelievable. I think it's time the CCSO reviewed their policy regarding duty weapons.

Comment

• It changes after probation

Comment

I carry a Smith & Wesson MP Shield 9mm for concealed carry, have it on my back right now, it's perfect for concealed carry.

Is your S&W PRO a compact?

Thanks for the insight gents, I'm going to end up with two Glock 19's with trijicon night sights. But at least the LEO discount will take effect for that second Glock.
                    Negative, full size. Believe it or not, I use my SD9 for concealed carry.

Comment

It changes after probation
                      Do you have any insight as to what weapons are allowed after probation?

Comment

Negative, full size. Believe it or not, I use my SD9 for concealed carry.
                        Wow full size for concealed carry? Just wondering what kind of holster do you use and is it comfortable for you?

The Glock 19 is a compact and I use to conceal carry it but it was just too bulky for an IWB holster. For OWB holsters it's perfect. So that's why I bought the S&W MP Shield because I use an IWB holster.
                        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Do you have any insight as to what weapons are allowed after probation?
                          Nope

Comment

Wow full size for concealed carry? Just wondering what kind of holster do you use and is it comfortable for you?

The Glock 19 is a compact and I use to conceal carry it but it was just too bulky for an IWB holster. For OWB holsters it's perfect. So that's why I bought the S&W MP Shield because I use an IWB holster.

I use Blackhawk's holster for IWB.
                            http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-HAWK-INC.../dp/B004T18J90

For OWB, I use Uncle Mike's.

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Mikes-Ta...+mikes+holster

Comment

• I own a Glock 19 as well lol. I think I may buy the 17 for duty and use mine for concealed. I'm so used to the single action that I'm not even gonna think about a Sig.

Comment

• Has any 2014 applicants been hired yet? If possible, can you post your timeline. Thanks in advance!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15711 users online. 383 members and 15328 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X