Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Cook County Sheriffs

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
    Actually they do. It's all about being consistent.

    Leaving out information is considered dishonest/withholding
    Yes I'm aware of the disclaimer at the end of 3 different pages I had notarized. Regardless, asking what's gonna be on it is senseless considering it's the same thing we've all been staring at for 2 weeks. Not sure how you go about just randomly omitting or changing things.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
      Yes I'm aware of the disclaimer at the end of 3 different pages I had notarized. Regardless, asking what's gonna be on it is senseless considering it's the same thing we've all been staring at for 2 weeks. Not sure how you go about just randomly omitting or changing things.
      Didn't mean to be senseless. Just trying to minimize the paperwork that I would need to bring if I had to copy stuff. So like you said assuming all steps are passed and it goes out to three months which would be February. That means everything is completed and just have to wait on academy date start. So give or take 6 months guessing for everything to be a green light.

      Comment


      • Hello everyone, I had my physical and sbsa on Nov 2 and i received an email for my next step. Thank you all for posting. A special thank you to cpd 2010.

        Comment


        • Guys, it's pretty simple, make a copy for yourself of EVERY frickin document in your packet including things like your DL, FOID, SS card, etc. I don't understand what's so hard to understand. If you question something like "should I do this?" then just DO IT. I would also make COLOR copies of all of the required documents. This is important stuff, this could be a career for the rest of your life, do it right.

          Keep a FULL file, copies of the emails that you have received for each step, your FULL packet for BI, your drug test receipt, etc., and bring it with you to EVERY step of the process. It's better to be over prepared then look like a half ***** when you're questioned about a document or anything else.
          Last edited by Berwynguy; 11-07-2014, 01:27 PM.

          Comment


          • Oh, and if you don't already have it, apply for a FOID card IMMEDIATELY, I mean like RIGHT NOW THIS SECOND. Here is the link:http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidinfo.cfm

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
              Didn't mean to be senseless. Just trying to minimize the paperwork that I would need to bring if I had to copy stuff. So like you said assuming all steps are passed and it goes out to three months which would be February. That means everything is completed and just have to wait on academy date start. So give or take 6 months guessing for everything to be a green light.
              No harm no foul. It just feels like everything keeps getting regurgitated. Just turned the packet in and after all this stressing and preparing this whole process is going way smoother than I anticipated, so just saying no need to go crazy. Be prepared, but don't kill yourself over it.

              And yea she said roughly 3 months from when we turn these things in. But that's what she said - my friend in the academy estimates early summer/late spring. As long as I get in period I'm a happy camper.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
                No harm no foul. It just feels like everything keeps getting regurgitated. Just turned the packet in and after all this stressing and preparing this whole process is going way smoother than I anticipated, so just saying no need to go crazy. Be prepared, but don't kill yourself over it.

                And yea she said roughly 3 months from when we turn these things in. But that's what she said - my friend in the academy estimates early summer/late spring. As long as I get in period I'm a happy camper.
                Found out that they are going to try and send 2-3 classes each month to the academy. Things should pick up quickly.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by csi miami View Post
                  Hello everyone, I had my physical and sbsa on Nov 2 and i received an email for my next step. Thank you all for posting. A special thank you to cpd 2010.
                  no problem glad to see youre progressing like the rest of us!
                  Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                    Oh, and if you don't already have it, apply for a FOID card IMMEDIATELY, I mean like RIGHT NOW THIS SECOND. Here is the link:http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidinfo.cfm
                    I have mine already but needed to get a name change due to marriage. if you go into a gun store and have them send it for you, you get it quicker because they tell ISP it's for employment. just an FYI I got mine back in like 18 days.
                    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                      I have mine already but needed to get a name change due to marriage. if you go into a gun store and have them send it for you, you get it quicker because they tell ISP it's for employment. just an FYI I got mine back in like 18 days.
                      If you don't have your foid card but have the foid number for your card since you are waiting for it in the mail. You should be ok? Right?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
                        If you don't have your foid card but have the foid number for your card since you are waiting for it in the mail. You should be ok? Right?
                        I would think so. I showed my BI my FOID when I had to drop it off back in Sept and said it's in my maiden name and it didnt matter. The number will never change. So I am sure Ill have it by my FI so I wouldnt think it's an issue........
                        Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                        Comment


                        • It's coming in the mail, so I'm just waiting to have it in hand

                          Comment


                          • CPD2010, for some reason I thought you were a guy! LOL

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                              CPD2010, for some reason I thought you were a guy! LOL
                              yea i get that a lot lol
                              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                              Comment


                              • Just to double check, I already own a Glock 19 that I plan to use as a duty weapon for either CPD or County or wherever I am required to purchase my own firearm.

                                I was told by a few individuals that Cook County will require you to buy a brand new firearm with the receipt for proof of recent purchase, can anyone confirm if this is true? If so and all goes good here, I will end up with two perfect condition Glock 19's. Oh well if it is true.
                                "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8159 users online. 215 members and 7944 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X