300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:-/ you guys are making me nervous about the SBSA

I think it's the time that's the big factor because if this is the same exam I took for Skokie PD on 05/10, then you do need to actually think about how you will order it and not just speed right through each question. But if it was the same test it was a while ago, and I'm not 100% sure I remember a lot of the types of questions.
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I mean I could understand the whole chain of command thing, but think about it like this. If you seen someone blow a stop sign, are you going to ask your dispatch what to do, or are you going to pull him over? If you seen a fellow officer harass another officer, are you going to confront him or will you tell the supervisor first? I really do think they are looking to see if you can handle situations alone and properly before asking for help, but at the same time I don't see anything wrong with choosing the supervisor option first. It really is a mystery on how they grade the SBSA...

Comment

Yeah it is a mystery when I took it I put I'll talk to officer myself or handle it myself first then tell supervisor and of course put do nothing last, I passed but I'm curious how they grade it.

Comment

Just leaving Moraine now in the car cooling off after that run. Finished in 12 minutes flat with like 10 other slow runners all in my way and did not stop running the entire time until I finished.

As for the SBSA exam, it was the same exam I took for Skokie PD before the LST back in May. I believe I answered the 27 questions pretty well, guessed on question #28, and left the last 2 questions, 29 and 30, blank. I hope that won't fail me...
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I was also told that the passing score for the SBSA exam is 75%

Comment

Does anyone know if that's 75% passing out of 30 questions where they count each question as pass or fail, or if it's 75% passing out of 120 questions where they count how you ordered each choice for every question individually? So it would be 4 possible pass or fail's for each numbered question?

Comment

I took the sbsa and it was fairly difficult... for the simple fact is like 2 or 3 of the answers were fairly close

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                  Does anyone know if that's 75% passing out of 30 questions where they count each question as pass or fail, or if it's 75% passing out of 120 questions where they count how you ordered each choice for every question individually? So it would be 4 possible pass or fail's for each numbered question?
                  It's 70%, not 75%. I doubt they count each question as pass or fail because I feel like I didn't do well on some.... I think it is out of 120, where each choice has a correct answer. I think everyone is guaranteed at least 30/120 since the obvious last choice would be to do nothing... Unless you were a total moron lol or truly believed that was the correct choice.

Comment

I asked a Sergeant with CCSD who was in the room during the test, he asked a director at CCSD and the director told me 75% is passing. I wanted to double check that answer so after the run was over, I talked to the Cook County merit board and one of them told me it was also 75%...

I mean I wouldn't complain if it was 70%...well actually if I got below 75% then I'd want it to be 70% pass, if I scored above 75%, then I'd want 75% to be the passing score

I think I did well on the SBSA, but you never know 100% sure until you receive the official results. How many days from the time you guys took the SBSA was it before you received the email letting you know if you passed it? I really want to know now!

Comment

Edit......
                      Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Edit......
                        Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Well the "do nothing" option was worded along the lines of, "You would not get involved in the personal business of your co-worker and not say anything", or "You would just monitor the situation and drive around him to make sure he knows you're watching him", etc, etc. I think he was referring to those choices.
                          Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 10-12-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Whoa sweet! They told me 2 maybe 3 weeks when I asked the merit board. I figured that really meant a week. I wonder if it's different time periods depending on whether you pass or fail.

If you don't mind me asking, you did pass your SBSA @C_Daniels?

Originally posted by C_Daniels View Post
                            3 days for me.

Comment

Edit......
                              Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Edit......
                                Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9761 users online. 462 members and 9299 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X