• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
    Jail white shirt?? What does that mean
    A Sergeant or lieutenant

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
      A Sergeant or lieutenant
      Duh should of known that. As long as you pass the background check, you should be golden.

Comment

• anyone take FI interview yet that can give some insight as to whats it like, etc?
        Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• 2014 Cook County Sheriffs

Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
          anyone take FI interview yet that can give some insight as to whats it like, etc?
          The older thread has a lot of posts about it if you want to dig. It asks if you can perform the duties of the job and a few questions about what would you do etc.

It's very simple and no reason to stress. If you can't pass it you literally can't do that job so you'll be fine.

Only advice: you need to fill out yet another application. It should match your original. BI packet. Bring copies of bi packet with or a cheat sheet of all your info

Comment

The older thread has a lot of posts about it if you want to dig. It asks if you can perform the duties of the job and a few questions about what would you do etc.

It's very simple and no reason to stress. If you can't pass it you literally can't do that job so you'll be fine.

Only advice: you need to fill out yet another application. It should match your original. BI packet. Bring copies of bi packet with or a cheat sheet of all your info
            only regret is i didnt keep a copy. but i didnt have much so i can remember what I wrote.

Comment

• What information do you need off your packet?

Comment

What do you mean by filling out another application and matching the original? Can you explain in detail, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
                  What do you mean by filling out another application and matching the original? Can you explain in detail, please?
                  They give you another application to fill out on a clipboard on your lap elbow to elbow with other people. First person done interviews first, I completed mine first so I could get out of there in a timely manner.

It's basically another employment application with the info from the bi packet. Not everything verbatim, but a lot of it. I brought a copy of my bi packet to make sure I had it all straight.

You should copy all that important stuff before you turn it in.

Comment

They give you another application to fill out on a clipboard on your lap elbow to elbow with other people. First person done interviews first, I completed mine first so I could get out of there in a timely manner.

It's basically another employment application with the info from the bi packet. Not everything verbatim, but a lot of it. I brought a copy of my bi packet to make sure I had it all straight.

the purpose? to see if info changes?

Comment

Thanks! I'll make sure to make a copy of the packet before I turn it in next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                        the purpose? to see if info changes?
                        No, the purpose of it is because the process is not streamlined and each dept has their own necessary paperwork, which is all different.

Comment

• What kind of information do you need off it?

Comment

• I would imagine basic info. Employment, family, living situation. They're not gonna have your original background packet looking to see if there's a single letter difference. This isn't exactly rocket science some of you guys are thinking way too much into it.

Comment

• 2014 Cook County Sheriffs

Actually they do. It's all about being consistent.

Leaving out information is considered dishonest/withholding

Comment

• Btw I turned my packet in this morning. Met a couple cool people. The person looking over my stuff said there was a group our size (20 people) doing the same thing the last 2 days as well as tomorrow.

Also said that BI's will call back depending on their file load and how quick it takes to get through others before you as well as yourself. No set time table but she estimated about 3 months (give or take a few weeks) before condition of employment assuming all steps are passed.

Essentially everyone is different and you have to be patient as always.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8601 users online. 274 members and 8327 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X