Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay-m View Post
    They send you a date for when you have to show up and bring it in
    Wasn't sure if you could just bring it in as soon as your results for SBSA come in. Just as long as it is turned in before the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
      Wasn't sure if you could just bring it in as soon as your results for SBSA come in. Just as long as it is turned in before the deadline.
      i didn't actually get a you passed email. I just received an email saying that my packet turn in was nov 7 at 7.30 am that's basically all it said

Comment

• I believe it's assumed that you pass with that email as it says "in order for you to continue your application seeking employment" blah blah blah. Plus it's been confirmed some people on here.

Anyway...question for those that have done the background...for jobs you couldn't get a letter where did you get the w-2s from? I made an account on the actual IRS site which has PDFs from all the years I've had jobs along with w-2s and how much I had withheld in taxes. Wasn't sure if that would be ok or if you guys used actual w-2s your work mails you.

Either way I'm lucky I'm young because I've had few jobs and all of them have said they will get me letters so I'm almost done. Just gonna print out every single thing on that IRS site just in case. So far so good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
          When do you have to turn in your packet? How long is that deadline for
          Turn in is Nov. 6th for me so I had just around 15 days from the email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
            I believe it's assumed that you pass with that email as it says "in order for you to continue your application seeking employment" blah blah blah. Plus it's been confirmed some people on here.

Anyway...question for those that have done the background...for jobs you couldn't get a letter where did you get the w-2s from? I made an account on the actual IRS site which has PDFs from all the years I've had jobs along with w-2s and how much I had withheld in taxes. Wasn't sure if that would be ok or if you guys used actual w-2s your work mails you.

Either way I'm lucky I'm young because I've had few jobs and all of them have said they will get me letters so I'm almost done. Just gonna print out every single thing on that IRS site just in case. So far so good!
            Yea i knew that in order to get that email i had to have passed it, but as far as it to say like you passed it nothing like that.

Thats what i did i couldn't get any employment verification letters so i was stuck because these jobs were like 3 years ago no way id have a check stub or w2 then i remembered the irs has to have something from my taxes

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
              I believe it's assumed that you pass with that email as it says "in order for you to continue your application seeking employment" blah blah blah. Plus it's been confirmed some people on here.

i gave my BI the w2 transcripts and tax transcripts i obtained from the irs website and it's sufficient...(at least my BI took it) i only needed it for 2-3 jobs.
              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• so the merit board calls to get me in earlier than my scheduled appt today and to come straight to merit board and not daley center..

whats ppls take on that? lol

Comment

• What step are you at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                    What step are you at?
                    polygraph.

Comment

• Probably just a scheduling adjustment, I wouldn't read to much into it. Good Luck! I am waiting on my cert, I hope to be in your shoes soon!

Comment

• Any other guys that met with their BI's still waiting on their certification letters? Aliera?

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                          i gave my BI the w2 transcripts and tax transcripts i obtained from the irs website and it's sufficient...(at least my BI took it) i only needed it for 2-3 jobs.
                          I would imagine that tax returns would suffice.

Comment

• To receive your W2 from prior years it takes 5 to 10 days from the IRS

Comment

• Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                              Any other guys that met with their BI's still waiting on their certification letters? Aliera?
                              I haven't receive no cert letter yet. My BI turn my package 10/11. And I had my BI interview 09/18.

Comment

• Originally posted by aliera View Post
                                I haven't receive no cert letter yet. My BI turn my package 10/11. And I had my BI interview 09/18.
                                Interesting. I met with my BI on 10/22 and he told me and my references that "he was going to turn my package in right away and move me to the next step." **EDIT** Your post actually just prompted me to call my investigator right now and he said that my package has been turned in! Now I wait......hopefully I get my cert letter by Thanksgiving. It would be nice to have a poly before the new year, which would have me going into the new year with only one or two more steps to complete (depending on if we need a second PT).

Aliera, if you play your cards right you won't need a County cert, you will be on the big bad CPD!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8572 users online. 389 members and 8183 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X